Live mapping

geoff pine

Well wot it is, is that im putting a new standard turbo ob, fmic, walbro255 lPh fuel pump and boost controler, will i need to get one of these daughter boards in my ecu to remap it or will it be ok on standard settings? Im not wanting crazy power im just wanting to know its running/ fueling right, wot else can i do apart from mapping it to check fueling?
Spend you money on a wide band kit :thumbsup:

steve963

get it checked on RR for fuel/knock . I ran mine at 1.2 bar , injectors were at 100%, AFM at 100%, overfueling!, but it all was lucky to make safe'ish power rich (you might not be). Maybe because id put in walbro 255 fuel pump and AEM wideband for monitoring.
Now got Evo 550 injectors (MLR forum?...?), Z32 maf, Custom turbo elbow, straight through exhaust, just need to get ED at Fusion to tweek/remap the nistune and should be after 330bhp 330foot pound on std turbo! For me Nistune ecu is the only worthwhile ecu, ive had emanage but not enough control in there, as its trying to trick the ECU and really meant for non turbo cars!

what i said is true?!???

Last edited:

stee

Wot u mean by get it checked on RR?? And also whats a wideband kit do? I havnt got mOney to throw at it but im just wanting it to be right

danr

plms do the daughterboard, then ed can map it in his nistune box. you can also have 4 switchable maps with the plms.
only thing missing is realtime mapping. but unless youre going to tune yours yourself, you wont need it.

Prices

$AU75 (ea)Daughterboard with, header and fitting instructions - without EPROMs.
$AU8 (ea)"Flash" EPROMs - 2 required (UV Erase no longer sold)
$AU16Postage to most other countries.
$AU5PayPal commission.

with duty etc thats about £90, nistune is about $440 before tax etc!!! (sorry was bored lol)
Total customs value:£75.45- Duty:£0.00- VAT:£15.09Total import duty & taxes due:£15.09Total landed cost:£90.54at AUD/GBP exchange rate of 0.6736
USD/GBP exchange rate of 0.6463

stee

Thanx for the info, just ignore my stupidness askin what RR is, obviously rolling road, i will look into gettin a daughter board for my ecu, is anybody selling one by any chance lol

Fusion Ed

Back, been so busy not had time to come on forums recently. Never had a January like it. Anyway...

In my world, my definition of live mapping is one where any change I make is instant and does not require a reflash or re-program of a rom chip. Nistune is live mapping, running emulators is live mapping, programming an eprom testing making changes erasing and programming again to test is not live mapping.

Flash re-mapping is not 'live' in my books either, as it can take several minutes for the flash to be burnt before it can be tested.

Hope that makes sense :)

I sell type 3 boards for about £210 ish, if you come to me and I supply and map I fit them for free.

If I supply the whole package Supply fitting mapping dyno, road test and engine setup etc comes to £495. This is the same for Nistune or Non nistune boards that need rom chips programming simple because those cars take longer to do.

For remapping nis-tune ECUS is £150 + dyno.
For remapping non Nistune boards (rom boards like the PLMS and others) is £200 + dyno. They are more as they are a ball ache compared to nistune - especially some of the Jap boards.

Hope this makes sense :)

Fusion Ed

Not seen that before, but its a miniaturised moates emulator that sits in the ecu. Not a bad idea actually, would concern me however that it needs battery backup on board, perhaps in reality it will last years like PC ones do, but if it dies so would the map.

When I get a chance I'll look into it some more.

stee

Sounds good ed, u will be seeing me in the near future, lets hope my car can handle driving all thar way lol

Fusion Ed

Sure it will Many do, put it this way if it doesn't then it wouldn't have stood a chance on the dyno lol.

stee

Lol your scaring me now hahaa, al keep ma fingers crossed eh, just need a turbo asap, was hoping i could fit it today but i refuse to pay over the odds for one with crack round the wastegate, have u managed to have a look what the ones on your shelf are like yet, im a abit eager thats all lol