Knockhill Hot Hatch Trackday Sunday 30th Jan 2011 10am - 4pm

Braveheart

Hot Hatch Car Trackday

Sun 30th January - 10am - 4pm
Our Hot Hatch Trackday gives you an ideal opportunity to test the full capabilities of your car around the twists and dips of the Knockhill Circuit. Hot Hatch days are for both Road and Track car running in alternative sessions throughout the day. Like-minded enthusiasts will give you a warm reception and the Knockhill track will offer an exciting and exilarating day out.

Start/FinishTimes: Winter Hot Hatch days normally run from 10am till 4pm.

Circuit Entry: Gates will open at 9am. All cars participating in a Hot Hatch Trackdays are advised to purchase there entry ticket in advance.
Registration: Takes place in the Media Centre (next to Kinnaird Restaurant). Drivers and additional drivers will have to sign-on here before being allowed out on track. All passengers will sign on in the Helmet Store. Drivers can now download the registration form and bring it with them on the day to save time.
Drivers Licence: All drivers/additional drivers must have a full VALID UK drivers licence. Licences must be shown at sign-on. PLEASE NOTE: NO LICENCE = NO DRIVING!
Safety Briefing: All drivers/additional drivers must attend the safety briefing. Those that don’t attend will not be allowed onto the circuit. Briefings will start at approximately 9.45am so please ensure you leave ample time to arrive and register at the circuit.
Helmets: Both drivers and passengers must wear a full crash helmet when driving on track. You can bring your own or helmets are available for hire at the circuit
Noise Limit: Knockhill Racing Circuit has a noise limit of 105db
Sessions: A Hot Hatch Trackday will run in sessions usually numbered 1 - 5. Sessions will run alternatively throughout the day with a maximum of 30 cars in each session. We will always attempt to run one session with first timers/newcomers.
Parking: Cars must park in the main paddock area in their designated session group. Groups will then be called to the holding area to go on track. Drivers will wait in this area before a marshal calls you forward into the pitlane, from here you’ll proceed on track when instructed by the light signals at the end of the pit lane.
Basic Checklist: No oil, fuel or any other fluid leaks, ensure vehicle has all wheel nuts, brake lights must work (cars with no brake lights cannot go on track), battery must be secured properly, seat belt mounting must be secure, seat must be secure and please remove any old scrutineering stickers.
Exclusions: No race cars are allowed out on a Hot Hatch trackday.

Braveheart

Some more info on whats going on 30th Jan Hot Hatch Trackday and beyond.

[FONT=&quot]NEW 2011 Car Club Championship[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The 2011 Car Club Championship starts on Sunday 30th Jan at the Hot Hatch New Year bash. The championship will run over every Hot Hatch of 2011 with double points awarded at the 3 big Modified events. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We are going to award points to all attending car clubs to find our 2011 Car Club Champions! 25 points will be awarded for every trophy won; there will be 4 on offer at every Hot Hatch and 8 for the 3 big ones (Modified live, Total Japfest and the British Drifting championship). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Points will also be awarded for: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5 points for every car on the stand [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10 bonus points for a club that brings between 10-15 cars[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]20 bonus points for a club that brings over 16 cars[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You will be able to keep track of the points table on the Knockhill website during the season. The championship winners will be presented with the 2011 Car Club Championship Cup at the Hot Hatch Xmas Cracker in December and the winning club will win a Karting Endurance race for 20 of their members (worth £900) in January 2012. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Contact gemma@knockhill.co.uk or joet@knockhill.co.uk for booking forms now! [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]PS As an extra special treat every car that enters in the January Hot Hatch will receive a FREE Hot Drink voucher!

cont.....[/FONT]

Braveheart

[FONT=&quot]Track Driving 10am - 4pm £55 in advance / £65 on the day[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Take your car on our famous circuit! Sessions for Road Cars and track cars. Save £10 by pre-booking, call 01383 723 337 NOW! We also have a 'Driver of the Day' trophy for the best driver, the winner will receive a FREE trackday for the February Hot Hatch.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BOOK TRACK DRIVING HERE. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Win £50 CASH in the Kart Attack Challenge 11am - 1pm[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Enter the Kart Attack Challenge and you could win £50 cash! The challenge is open from 11am - 1pm, all you have to do is pay £10 for 10 minutes and the fastest 10 drivers will be entered into a Final Race at 3pm. The winner will bag the £50 cash! WOW! Enter on the day at the Karting centre or book in advance by calling 01383 723 337.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total Car Magazines [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The guys from Total Car Mags will be here on the day. They will be giving away prizes for the Kart Attack and will be on hand for anyone who wants to sign up for their awesome magazines. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Meet The 2011 Knockhill Calendar Girls[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Meet our new 2011 Calendar girls at the New Year Bash! There will be 12 Babes available for photos! Also, you can buy your copy of the 2011 Calendar and have it signed by the girls! Wit woo! [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]FREE Drag Competition [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Think you have the fastest car in the paddock? Take it to the track and race against other drivers, we have 8 places available, enter on the day or email gemma@knockhill.co.uk with your details! The winner will receive a FREE Ticket to The Scottish Motorshow. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]FREE Drift Competition[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Think you can Drift? If you have the style (and ability!) to enter our Drifting Competition you could be in with a chance to win a FREE Ticket to Streetcar Scotland! We have 8 places available, enter on the day or email gemma@knockhill.co.uk with your details! [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Track Invasion! [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]At 4pm we will be inviting EVERYONE on track for a TRACK INVASION! Honk your horn on track and say farewell to the 2010 season!
[/FONT]

Braveheart

The kind marshals at Knockhill discharged two powder and one foam fire extinguisher on my R yesterday.
Second session out, on the fourth lap, I was alerted by a car flashing headlight behind and a marshal that I had a problem... I pulled up as close to a marshal station and had smoke coming from bonnet. Flames extinguished I was towed off circuit.
I could not see the cause but nothing too burnt or obvious. I stopped at a garage on my way home and pressure washed the car down. It was an oil fire... I suspect (hope) it's the turbo oil feed or oil return pipe as the flames were in that area but will need to strip some parts off to see for sure. I still record oil on dip stick but on min so I must have lost a liter or so. Oil pressure was good and the water and oil temps were fine. The car idled fine as well.

Update:
Today I have had a better look and believe it's the turbo oil feed pipe that started to leak... not ruptured. I fitted it with turbo in situ and obviously never got enough torque on the banjo bolt. It's all got to come off now and I will no doubt have to replace water and oil pipes due to the flames.... think I got off lightly this time thanks to the car flashing and the rapid response from the marshal!!!

I have in-car footage of the event and will post it up shortly!

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FiCKxxgr5_k?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Turbo Oil feed pipe

Engine bay is fine.

Extingisher powder got into interior.

Last edited: