HKS SSQV authenticity

C

clive760

Trip

clive760 said:
it looks like a genuine one to me mate as stated in other quotes ther is only a small badge on item which comes off after a few cleans ,my badge also came off a freind has got a fake one & the chrome is falling of it but other than that it is as good as mine allday
Hey Clive, :p I only put this post to get more opinions from others and finally put my mind at rest. I did not mention the seller's name I.E your name, nor mentioned the price i bought it off you, so PLEASE lets just keep this matter privately between us two.

And for arguments sake, since you replied in public Please allow me to reply to your post quoted above:

lets just say the post on this own thread are biased, half way saying fake and the other saying original.

Lets also give the benefit of the doubt and lets just assume its authentic.

If the BOV you sent me is the "new type" as stated on your post, can you please show me with an image or link which model should be the old type ?

To be honest with you, if its a fake or not, it will still do the job. What really bugs me is i payed £90 for a HKS SSQV BOV Ver2 (+ £12 postage) and i got an unbranded BOV which could be REAL or FAKE and putting the cherry on the cake its a Version1.

I could easily go on ebay and for £60 (+ £12 postage) get practically the same item BRAND NEW.

I do hope that this matter between the two of us is dealt professionally and in private.

Braveheart

Trip... let it blow... :horn:
From the pic, it looks old.... and from the thread, it may well be an ancient BOV...:doh:
Is the crome still on it... lol.
If it sounds like a "Duck" I'll have it.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

youngsyp

Just to clarify, the reasons why I said it was a fake are:

1. The color and metal used for the vac take off are very different to my authentic one. The vac take off on mine is steel with a very high quality polish or chrome plate.

2. The rear part, where the adjustment screw is. The metal looks very dark and mottled. Again, my one is a very nicely polished alloy.

3. The elbow that attaches to the plenum pipe.... just doesn't look right.

I've had my one on the car for 5 years and it still looks like new, bar a few scratches. The Gold HKS logo is still on it and despite putting 55k miles on the car since buying it, the finish of all the metal parts is still shiny. :lol:

Paul