high tickover

A

Anonymous

hi,could someone please give me some advice on how to turn the tickover down,currently at 1300rpms....cheers mike

zia

is this when its cold because that,s normal.the idle is normally ecu controlled.you could have split on one of the vaccum pipes.

zia

may the boost be with you

A

Anonymous

Whenever this happens to me i normally find its the boost pipes or the boost sensor on the passenger side of engine bay under the inner wing. Or if all ok, then there is a little idle screw to fiddle with which can be found by looking around under where the air finally goes into the engine at the plenum. It looks like a breather hose and at the end of it is a idle screw I believe.

For beginner info on the R
http://www.geocities.com/nabsqureshi

For all Nissan parts ring mjpauto.com on 01277 374201

B

briitts

Or, as I have found, there is a rubber type cap that goes onto what I assume is a connection for setting up or checking the plenum balances or something.
My is gone and as soon as you block the hole the revs drop to 900![:D]

Its under the intercooler on the flywheel side near the throttle mechanism

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No job, no bird, no money, no prospects....feck it I have a GTIR!

A

AZ STE

Can be linked to the oil pressure your car will idle at 1300 until warm. If you havent changed the oil try that ie Millers 10/60[;)]

A.....Z Ste

j10gtr

Its more likely you have a problem such as a vaccuum leak etc i would not be adjusting the idle until i was totaly happy i had checked everything else.

thanks
Paul