Head Gasket

P

pulsarboby

well im running 1.6 bar (or was running 1.6 untill my crank let go lol) and i fitted a 2mm h/g with 9:1 comp pistons with 3071 setup.
and the the lag difference off boost was quite noticable as opposed to when i had a 1.2mm h/g fitted!
imo i would say if your running 1.6 or less boost then i think a 1.2mm gasket is far better for a road car.
i even binned the intercooler for one with a short pipe run to make it less laggy (which did help) but still not as good as the smaller thickness h/g.
with a low comp setup you need to keep the engine on song and up in the rev range which is far from ideal in a road car.

Bosso

Very good Norwegian by the way;) So what you are saying is that i should go for 9:1 comp? For ideal road use?

P

pulsarboby

Very good Norwegian by the way;) So what you are saying is that i should go for 9:1 comp? For ideal road use?

see i knew you would understand8) think i need to give trond some norwegian lessons so he can speak more fluently:lol::lol:

no you definately dont want 9.1 comp pistons, stick with the 8.5:1 ratio that you already have, and if your not intending to run more than around 1.6 boost level then fit a 1.2mm gasket, not the 2mm

boby you have my old pm not replyed:D:D

with 8,5:1 pistons and 2mm hg there is a lot of laggy?
you think 1,2mm is the best to max 1,6bar boost..2mm hg over 1,6bar..is just?

Last edited: