Head gasket questions

thanks a lot..
but after the work..the head gasket work perfectly?

I have 86mm pistons..if I buy tomei specific hg there are problem?beacuse tomei is 88mm bore :(

second you the best choise for me is buy cosworth and mod it or buy a tomei?

Trondelond

After some searching I ended up with the 88mm Tomei gasket, as this should be fine on my 86.5mm bore. The stock one is larger than 86mm as well.
If it were me, I'd go for an item actually intended for the car. There's no telling what effects the drilling will have on the metal in the gasket. (Probably none, but you'll always be wondering - I know I would at least.)

As far as the skimming of only the head goes, I'd either skim both or none. If your block or head is warped, you could make the difference between head and block even bigger if you're getting just one perfectly flat. With an OE gasket, it's not that critical, but with the metal gaskets you need it to be pretty flat.
My block needed a tiny little bit of skimming and the head a bigger bit of skimming, and it has covered around 96000km.

Trondelond

I was running 1.2 without any problems myself. As far as I know you can go higher than that as well, I guess there's just one way to find out! :D

@ what boost Rob? with what turbo?

when I remove the head from the engine I check the block surface..
if the block surface is perfect I will insall a metal gasket..if the block isn't perfect I install a std hg..
is a good idea second you?

Last edited:
if I install a gt2876R turbo with ar70 compresso housing and 86 turbine housing..
std hg can support 1,3/1,4bar of this turbo without problem of demage it?