Head gasket questions

hi guys..
I want buy a cosworth hg for my engine..
but I don't found a gti-r specific..but only for the s20det
what are the different about gti-r hg and sr20det hg?
I can fit the sr20det hg on my gti-r?

anyone say where I can buy the cosworth hg gti-r specific?

attend your reply
thanks
bye
Andrea

stumo

the difference between a normal det and a GTir det gasket is the holes for the dowels are bigger on the R gasket.

AFAIK they don't do a R gasket.

it is possible enlarge the holes on the gasket?

it is possible fit the sr20det gasket on the R?
thanks

anyone have tryed to fit cosworth hg on the R?

GTiR-Aholic

Not sure what standard dimensions are but not hard at all to make bigger holes. If you want nice clean job take to local engineer and let them use pillar drill.. takes 10mins including setting up the drill and I'm sure it won't cost you much at all :)

stumo

I've fitted a Cosworth Gasket, it was a 90mm one. It looks a million dollars better than a Cometic.

I can't comment on how reliable etc it is as i have other problems which i've not got to the bottom of yet (only cos i can't be arsed working on the piece of shit of a car)

red reading

I've fitted a Cosworth Gasket, it was a 90mm one. It looks a million dollars better than a Cometic.

I can't comment on how reliable etc it is as i have other problems which i've not got to the bottom of yet (only cos i can't be arsed working on the piece of shit of a car)
Same as:lol:

I have a 1.5mm cosworth head gasket on mine. It came fitted to the car so can't tell you much about the installation process, but its holding up fine at 1.6 bar and 400bhp. Car gets driven every day and has done about 3000miles since the engine was built with no issues so far.