Gtir vs Scooby sti type RA

BenD

Fire & skill said:
ki_saj_ng said:
last i heard scoobys were the fastest thing on the road, my mates knows a standard wrx that blew a mclaren f1 off the road at 468mph and he was still in third gear. man i wish i'd bought one of those. whats more, the sti's are supposed to be even quicker scary cars, best to stick with the R as i dont think i could handle all that power
486mph - thats either a typo or thats the worlds fastest car and its a standard wrx :roll:

and that was against a mclaren f1, thats the car that cost £634,000 and i think thats for a reason.

:?

mate! i was being sarcastic!!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: QUALITY!!! :lol: :lol:

R

ryan_george

well thats what i does, 13.77. I've looked at the slip again today to verify that, it was against a blue 160 lotus elise and that run a 13.74 @ 98mph. this was two weeks ago so track conditions weren't the best but the density and the temperature of the air was spot on for the turbo cars...

R

ryan_george

he does have 18" alloys on it though so that wil slow him down a tad.

nismoboy

ryan_george said:
well thats what i does, 13.77.
well most cars times are down this time of year and 18inch wheel will slow this car down loads, right conditions and some decent wheels and a decent driver i reccon high 12`s is possible

LeeSmith

Fire & skill said:
ki_saj_ng said:
so are scoobies not all that reliable?

thought they were good :?

oh no it, EVO all the way :wink:
last i heard scoobys were the fastest thing on the road, my mates knows a standard wrx that blew a mclaren f1 off the road at 468mph and he was still in third gear. man i wish i'd bought one of those. whats more, the sti's are supposed to be even quicker :shock: :shock: scary cars, best to stick with the R as i dont think i could handle all that power
I get the feeling he's being a tad sarcastic :twisted:

jonee

r

i'm sorry but scooby poo's are just that ................................................................................................................................................poo

i don't even bother wasting fuel on them :D

jonee

celicaGT4st205

Re: r

jonee said:
i'm sorry but scooby poo's are just that ................................................................................................................................................poo

i don't even bother wasting fuel on them :D

jonee
Ditto, I did 3 of em in 2 days the other week. One was debadged, one was the newer type with huge spoiler and massive vent and the other was a t plate wrx sti. Must be my 5k rpm launches :lol:

D

DOT2DOT

Type RA - Means Rally Altered! Made by subaru as a basic car to make rally cars out of. Thinner pannels, aluminum bonnet, thinner glass, no electrics etc. Some came just like a lightweight, and then some had a roof vent and diff control. The more basic ones didnt even have alloys or a spoiler.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
DOT2DOT said:
Type RA - Means Rally Altered! Made by subaru as a basic car to make rally cars out of. Thinner pannels, aluminum bonnet, thinner glass, no electrics etc. Some came just like a lightweight, and then some had a roof vent and diff control. The more basic ones didnt even have alloys or a spoiler.
we know this :lol: but its still a scooby

D

DOT2DOT

They are great, and very fast. Not gonna get into a debate about whats quicker, but an RA is a very good motor!

hks-r

ra is in a different league compared to other sti's
lightweight and that short ratio box is some serious kit, even in a standard one they accelerate crazy, before i had the gtir i got smoked a good number of r's in my sti ra then i ended up getting a nice pulsar big turbo etc