Group Buy: APEX Coilovers

jap-jet

ok sweet i'll sort out some money this week and transfer it, can you do a set with a front 6kg and rear 9kg spring at all.

Kev@Apex

Thats an odd spring setup, I have some 8.7 or 9.8 springs in stock if they would do?

I still have kits in stock, and for now I can keep the group buy price, but be quick :D

falkon

Hi I have read thru this entire post and wonder if there is some feedback on how this setup feels on the car.
Everything just went dead when everybody got ther stuff...
I am searching for a affordable suspension to my three Rs in Sweden.
I am looking for some suspension that is affordable, handles good (trackdays) and is nice to run on common roads.
The quality also need to be nice, not cheapish if you understand what I mean.
Greatful for ANY inputs.

McDaveMP5

Falkon,

the setup is nice and confortable for driving around. I like the 5/4kg setup and it's decent for autocross events, will hit the long track on the 29th, so can't tell about the lapping or track use yet.

From what you say, this kit would suit your needs.
Cheers,

--McDave

McDaveMP5

(don't know if Kev will read this, but I'll try anyways...)

KEV:
what is the warranty agreements with your supplier ?

Yesterday, I broke the bracket holding the rear sway bar link..... I don't really care about the welding but the alignment and rim damage will set me back a few hundreds :(

will post pictures this week.

--McDave

McDaveMP5

...driving hard I guess :)
sad but true. The bracket wasn't the toughest one IMO.

Didn't hurt myself, that's the important thing.

--McDave

Kev@Apex

McDaveMP5 said:
(don't know if Kev will read this, but I'll try anyways...)
Always best to email me - which you did last night, will reply to your mail. The coilovers have a 1 year, 12,000mile warranty comparable to all quality coilovers. We get very few warranty claims so have even honoured warranty outside this period.

B

Bren

Ive sent the pictures to the manufacturers. I expect a reply today. Ill let you know what they say. It will be sorted, thats not in question. :)

B

Bren

The manufacturers have confirmed that they are going to produce a batch of new rear bottom mounts with a drop link bracket similar to the design of the Tein. We will forward a pair to all customers who have purchased our GTiR coilovers to eliminate the problem :)

They say we will recieve the brackets within 10 days.

McDaveMP5

Brent,

may I suggest that they increase the lenght of the bracket ?

With an uprated sway bar (like many of us here), the link is in a strong forward angle, ideally a vertical link would work best... while they are redesigning, might as well improve this too !

I could get measurements over the weekend. Cheers,

--McDave

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
How are these brackets going to attatch? Are WE going to have to get them welded onto the damper? Can't say I fancy the idea of a welding torch being used on a completed damper.

McDaveMP5

FastGuy,
what APEX is proposing is a complete replacement of the bottom part of the strut. You will then have a factory look, no welding marks, no nothing. Just need to re-align the rear and your good to go. Cheers,

--McDave

Kev@Apex

We have Daves suggestion for the changes, and the factory are on with production.

There wont be any updates on this until the 20-oddth of November

I'm out of the country after tomorrow, so wont be able to answer PMs/e-mails.

As we were 2nd in the European Drift Championship we were invited to the Red Bull world Drift Champs in California, USA. So I'll be out with Team Apex / KSport in our Bid to be WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

If you need anything urgently just phone 01274683633 or mail louise@apexperformance.co.uk

http://www.formulad.com/redbull/drifting-world-championship/

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IUuhNabS77c