Fuel Pump Help

G

GTiRich

Hi guys gonna fit my Walbro fuel pump at last this weekend. If i remember some people said it wont fit straight in place of the old one and you need some rubber tubing to go around it. What is it and where do i get this from?? Thanks for ya help,
Rich

geetee

Mine came with a foam rubber sleeve to put it in.

But it's still loose in the carrier :(

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

G

GTiRich

Just double checked and i deffinately aint got that bit :(

Shaun

:D I fit Duey's pump without the sleeve as he didnt have one,all i did was to cable tie it to the lower half of the cradle :D I also had the sleeve with mine,but when i came to fit it,i still had to cabletie it in position as it was still moveing about :? :evil: If you ask me the sleeve that is supplied is a waste of time :wink:

G

GTiRich

Ah ok then mate. cable ties it is then :wink: bloody hell i wish i had a stock of them in me garage. It's always the way. I always have everything except the parts i actually need

GTIR1000

i fitted mine the other day mate took me about three hours you will find yourself getting frustrated with certain pipes not coming of. the fitting guide on here is what i used and it is spot on. to fit mine into the carrier i used some rubber petrol pipe like the stuff you will see on your orginal pump wrapped that round the walboro then put the origianl rubber sleeve round that and it fitted a treat and wont be moving anywhere good luck mate hope this helps

geetee

Yep those 3 pipes that go into the tank are buggers to get off. But I guess they have been clamped in place for 13 years :lol:

I ended up having to cut one off, then cut it back and use a straight thru connector to patch in little bit of replacement.

Looks a mess but it works.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

GTIR1000

yeah i suppose they have been on a long time the third one with the pressure in is the hardest to get of took me ages my fingers are still hurting now and they are just as hard to get back on

geetee

Yeh it was the feed (pressurised) one that I end up cutting off. But it isn't easy to splice in an extra little bit cos the pipes soon disappear.

I did it by torchlight in the freezing cold and rain - that wasn't fun at all.

And no, those pipes don't go back on easy. If I was going in there again I'd arm myself with some KY to slip them back on :shock:

Cheers
GeeTee 8)