Forged & Quaifed Winter Green Nissan Pulsar GTi-R For Sale

John

Forged & Quaifed Winter Green Nissan Pulsar GTi-R, 1993 K, 78,000 miles

Engine:

388bhp @ 6,976 rpm & 326 lbft @ 5,147 rpm

The engine and turbo have less than 10k miles on it from memory as it was replaced with an all new forged engine from AGRA Engineering after the original engine had bottom end failure. Any one serious in buying the car I can verify exact engine mileage and services intervals.

Spec as is follows:

• HKS Pistons
  • Eagle Rods with ARP bolts
  • HKS Headgasket
  • Strengthened Nissan Crank (PDQ’d)
  • Rebuilt Oil Pump
  • Agra engineering machined Head
  • Garret 2871R Turbo
  • FMIC
  • Front mount Trust oil cooler relocated to TMIC position
  • Apexi ECU with Power FC Commander
  • Apexi AVCR (low, 1.4bar, 1.6bar boost settings)
  • Sard fuel pressure regulator
  • 700cc injectors
  • Relocated Battery (Varta)/washer bottle to boot
  • Mongoose full exhaust system
  • HKS induction Kit (I think?)
  • HKS SSQV Dump Valve
  • Magnecor HT leads
  • Air conditioning removed (weight saving)
  • Nismo solid engine mount

Transmission:

The Quaife box was fitted in January 2012 after 5[SUP]th[/SUP] gear went on the standard Nissan box. At this time the clutch was inspected and showed no signs of wear.

• Quaife Straight cut Synchromesh gearbox
  • Helix Clutch

Chassis:

• BC Racing Coilovers (adjustable ride height camber and spring rate) (less than 1k miles on them, fitted in January along with new box)
  • Nismo rear strut brace
  • Cusco front strut brace
  • 17 inch OZ Superturismo WRC lightweight alloys with Lightweight wheel nuts
  • Spare set of 17 inch Team dynamic lightweight alloys for track work and winter weather
  • Wilwood 330mm front brakes, standard rear brakes and mintex 1144 pads all round (all rotors and pads replaced around 1 year ago), braided brake lines

Interior:

• Retro fitted Mitsubushi Evo 8 Recaro’s
  • Kenwood Headunit, uprated speakers
  • Greddy Boost, Oil Temp and Oil pressure gauges
  • Blitz turbo timer
  • Variable fan controller (control engine temps exactly)
  • Passenger info display, showing current speed, distance travelled, quarter mile times etc.
  • Italvolanti steering wheel
  • GTR gearknob
  • Razo Pedals
  • Pulsar Gti-R mats
  • Rear seats, carpets and doorcards removed (Still have in possession and would re-fit prior to selling)
  • Boot mounted fire extinguisher

Exterior:

• Up rated front light bulbs
  • Clear side repeaters
  • Nismo rear mudflaps
  • Nissan wind deflectors
  • Optional red “R” GTi-R badge
  • Tinted windows

Additional Points:

The car comes with a personalised number plate which reads “KID GTR” in reference to it being classed as a baby GTR, this may be of no interest to some but the plate does hold some value and will come with car.

I will also provide a number of spares such as a OS Giken Paddle clutch which shows about 85% wear but does come with a lightweight flywheel, a set of Tein Super Street coilovers and a set of standard front brakes (along with any of other various spares I find/can remember I have in my possession).

I’ll also provide a copy of Motorsport Magazine detailing the GTi-R in the WRC and a electronic copy of every Best Motoring featuring the GTi-R.

Ownership Points & Various Info:

I have owned the car for nearly 5 and half years now and essentially any mechanical part you can think of has been replaced in this time, the car has never wanted for anything in this time. I have in my possession a huge folder full of receipts which details every purchase made during my ownership. I have not plucked up the courage to total up how much I have spent on the car, however I would be surprised to if it was less than £15k excluding the consumables such as fuel, however again if anyone serious in buying the car wants this info then I am more than happy to show them every receipt.

The car is currently SORN’D and has been for 4 months. Due to my workload and company car I simply do not have the time nor money anymore to run it. I think the car is far too good to sit unused in my drive so would much rather see it being put to use.

The only thing I felt left to complete on the car was the bodywork. I will be completely honest here and state the car does show rust on both rear arches and a patch on the tailgate. This is the only element of the car that lets it down. I can provide photos to any serious parties of any of the affected areas.

I will state the usual boring blurb that the car has always been warmed up and cooled down and has always been run on 99 octane fuel. The engine also maintains excellent oil pressure throughout the rev range.

The car currently has the stock (very restrictive) elbow and downpipe so could achieve more power and earlier power if required, however it is never something I have managed to get round to doing.

I have proof of the cars power from a RR day I did a few years ago, this also verifies that the car does not run lean at any stage.

I have probably missed quite a few things off of the spec list, however anything you want to know just ask.

I have lots of photos but not on this PC, so I'll add more photos/take more photos on when I get a chance.

I have no idea what the car is worth but would be looking for in the region of £6,000 for it.

Attachments

Chris1

I'd be very interested in seeing some more pictures, especailly that of the rust on the body.

Been tempted by a 147 GTA but 'R number 4 was alwas gonna be on the cards, lol.

Chris.

John

I'd be very interested in seeing some more pictures, especailly that of the rust on the body.

Been tempted by a 147 GTA but 'R number 4 was alwas gonna be on the cards, lol.

Chris.
I will take some photos tomorrow Chris.

John

Pictures as promised.

As I originally said you can see the bodywork isn't the greatest in the world (rear arches would need replaced and tailgate) however it's totally solid underneath and is A1 mechanically.

The car has been undercover and has been off the road for 4 months now so its not exactly clean so I added I front view from last years Scotland Area Club Stand at Knockhill (although all the other Pulsars had left by the time I took the photo)!

Attachments

pulsar350R

has it ever been re-sprayed???

looks to me it has from some of them pictures, the door handles have been color coded and so is the rear number plate surround

Fire & skill

Vintage member
I asked him if he was giving up but he didn't respond - I would have happily filled in for a while, TBH back then I had no intention of selling up and I really do miss my car.

daddyone

Currently in negotiation regarding the car. I want to get it to a garage and properly checked over, maybe get some oil round the rings etc. before it's started. If anyone has any suggestions on where in Perthshire to send the beast and what the procedure should be to start a car which has been sat for 18 months then please advise?

daddyone

I was thinking it might need a bit more, perhaps take the plugs out and dribble some oil then leave for a day to get round the rings, empty the fuel tank and change fuel filter, charge with fresh V Power, run until it gets up to temp then dump oil and replace filters, plugs and oil?

red reading

Do all of that after it fires up, just take the plugs out and spin it over for a while to get oil pressure up and put some fresh fuel in the tank....they are normally pretty good these cars at being left...one I had had been idle for ten years and fired up after doing the above without issue.

daddyone

I think I'll go with Red's suggestion, given the pedigree of his R :)

I can't wait to get into the car, but I'm making myself use a local firm (RA Developments, Perth, recommended by current owner) get her mechanically and cosmetically up together before I set arse in the seat...

Anyone used RA?

Lee

red reading

I think I'll go with Red's suggestion, given the pedigree of his R :)

I can't wait to get into the car, but I'm making myself use a local firm (RA Developments, Perth, recommended by current owner) get her mechanically and cosmetically up together before I set arse in the seat...

Anyone used RA?

Lee
thankyou

daddyone

Guys,

I've been speaking with John and have been away for a week on holiday. Having returned, it's looking a bit manic and the local garage who were going to work on the car in Perth are stacked out with work at the moment. Ideally I need to head up there, get the car running and get it to an MOT station. If anyone has any suggestions or fancies a tinker, I am considering doing this myself now as I'm still set on this car... :)