Flame Kits!!

A

Anonymous

Hey all, does the flame kit work on GTi-R's. I use to own a NA 4cyl with a flame kit, I read that some of you own 'em and i still have my flame kit. But can some one tell me if they actually work on GTi-R's and if they do any harm to the turbo or ECU.
Thankz

J

J-GTi-R

The kit we use ignites unburnt fuel in the exhaust gasses you get when you change gear of back off. It basically is an electronic circuit that simulates a standard car ignition system, triggering a coil that feeds a spark-plug that then goes in the end of your exhaust. Doesn't get near your turbo and has no connections to the ECU, so both are fine when using a flamer kit. the only damage that is done is the hole drilled in the boot for the spark-plug lead to feed through, and a hole in the exhaust for the spark-plug to screw into.

D

dannyboy

J-GTi-R said:
The kit we use ignites unburnt fuel in the exhaust gasses you get when you change gear of back off. It basically is an electronic circuit that simulates a standard car ignition system, triggering a coil that feeds a spark-plug that then goes in the end of your exhaust. Doesn't get near your turbo and has no connections to the ECU, so both are fine when using a flamer kit. the only damage that is done is the hole drilled in the boot for the spark-plug lead to feed through, and a hole in the exhaust for the spark-plug to screw into.
mine flames naturally is this ok or is some thing wrong there ?

J

J-GTi-R

No, you've just most likely got a Mongoose. Most turbo cars will flame nicely on a completely unrestricted exhaust (or a barely restricted exhaust like the 'goose), we just use flamer kits to help the process along a bit.

D

dannyboy

J-GTi-R said:
No, you've just most likely got a Mongoose. Most turbo cars will flame nicely on a completely unrestricted exhaust (or a barely restricted exhaust like the 'goose), we just use flamer kits to help the process along a bit.
ok thanks mate

J

jasegould

yep they work very well :D Got to give it some then let off for good results....police (in my area anyway) dont like them and I nearly got a prohibition order for overtaking an unmarked pold car :oops:

J

J-GTi-R

Whereas I have the Peco, which is just as loud, pops and bangs like a 'Goose, but no flames!!!

A

Anonymous

I like flames like I like t*ts...Natural! That's why I got a Goose! :wink:

Dunc

antgtir

Could anybody reccomend a good place to get the Mongoose exhaust from, need to start lookin for upgrades, the car is standard at the mo.

Thanks alot, Ant. :wink:

A

Anonymous

Yeah, I got mine from Nick and would highly recommend him.

Dunc

A

Anonymous

Can anyone post a "how to" post on making a flamer kit thing
it does sound that technical\hard?