Fitting an Uprated fuel pump

JU5TY

I’m fitting a Sard fuel pump, like most of the uprated ones, it’s thinner than the stock pump. I know the Hiteq one comes with a foam cover which brings it up to the stock size, so it fits securely in the cradle.

What can I use as the pump doesn’t come with a foam cover. Was thinking along the lines of the grey foam that covers household water pipes, do I have to be careful what I use considering its sitting in petrol?

Has anyone else fitted a pump making there own foam cover?

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
I've recently supplied some OC members with Walbro's and used some thick fuel proof rubber hosing, that I cut to form a sleeve which wraps around the pump.

Let me know your address & what length you need and I'll send you it for free :D.

What diameter is your pump :?:

Cheers,

donpulsar :)

mattygti-r

whos the man! tis DON!

im going for the same pump tobe honest so will let you know when i need some of that stuff, will buy it from you :)

8)

JU5TY

Don you’re a legend!!!

Its 11cm’s long, diameter is about 37mm. Is that thinner than the Walbro?

Really appreciate this mate, I’ve PM’ed you my address.

Thanks!

Oh also the bag filter thing points at a right angle off the pump, where as the stock one is more straight on. Assume it doesn’t matter which way it angles as long as it’s at the same level?

J :D

mattygti-r

Ju5ty just copies my style :roll:

:lol:

don will pm u too mate, saw your foam pump thingy the other day when fitting the walbro to Bretts 8)