fast idle

A

Anonymous

can any one please tell me if there is an idle adjustment screw, coz my car is idling @ 1500rpm. i've heard about the rubber bungs on the inlet manifold, and mine are all intact. is there any way of the lowering the idle to about a 1000rpm. [?] [:)]

Jobi Joba

1500rpm after warming or even when cold?

currently buiding a near 400bhp beast... My goal?Mid 11' at 1/4 mile...

Jobi Joba

the valve (solenoid) which is at the back of your intake plenum.IAA or IACV can't remember which one it is...

A

Anonymous

this valve at the back of the intake plenem, what do i need to do to it? do you think it might broken, if is there any way to test it, what do i have to do?

J

jasegould

Take it out and clean it is the first step, but apparently its a bitch of a job to do. Its an air metering valve which can become clogged up with deposits, not uncommon on most vehicles. Ive been meaning to do mine for ages.
You could also have an air leak somewhere in your inlet system, check all the hoses etc.

Ooooohh...its black..yawn..with 17'S..yawn..mongoose..yawn...zzzzzzzzz...BUT NOT FOR LONG!!!!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

The high idle on the R is such a common problem but as yet no one to my knowledge has come up with a definite solution (maybe there are many causes). I spent the first 12 months of ownership trying to solve this. Even went to Nissan who hooked the R up to the consult which allows the actuators to be manually controlled, we set the air bypass valave to zero % fully closed and wound the timing back 5deg and the car was still running.
Guy said it should have cut out with that much timing retard.
Anyway, you can remove the valve. I found that splitting the plenum gives you just enough room to get an allan key on the 3 bolts that hold it in place and your hand in to disconnect the 2 electrical plugs. Made no difference in my case though.
Jason[:)]

Jobi Joba

quote:Originally posted by jasegould2002
Take it out and clean it is the first step, but apparently its a bitch of a job to do.

How do you clean it?Cause I know my problem comes from this valve...and as my engine is out,it's not that difficult to get it!