engine management light

gtir.si

hi hope someone can help,my management light comes on when you move away or rev the engine then it will go off for sometime and not come back then will come on at tickover or sometimes not come on at all:doh:,no flashing to count. .tried the test mode nothing happens seams to run ok but don`t want to do any damage.it has a apexi boost controller and safc . any idea thanks.

Fusion Ed

Thats interesting. I cant help with specifics if you cant get a fault code read working but it would be interesting to try and diagnose that.

GTiR-Aholic

Possible wiring fault? - With the age of the car it wouldn't be unheard of. Disconnect the ECU and replug it back in too if you've had it out at any point.

gtir.si

Possible wiring fault? - With the age of the car it wouldn't be unheard of. Disconnect the ECU and replug it back in too if you've had it out at any point.
did have it out putting the apexi boost and safc controller wires on (not the easiest job) will get it back out and give a look ,because it was not flashing up a code it was baffling.

GTiR-Aholic

yeah that's what I thought when you said apexi boost and safc.. I had similar problem when fitting my Blitz iColor sbc boost controller.. just unplugged and plugged it back in :)

gtir350

Could be the ECU's in one of the test modes, when the ecu light shows if the the map's running in closed ot open loop mode.