Engine Light flashes at 2K

A

Anonymous

Hi guys
I'm new to this forum
just wondering if you can help me out.
have just install a power fc for my R
and sometime when i give the car a hard time and when the rev drop down to about 2k the engine light start to flash
is this mean trouble :?

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
g'day, ken is it?

do you mean the engine wont rev above about 2k rpm?
if so, thats "fail safe" mode (2400rpm limit) it has detected a problem with the ecu or afm...

maybe dodgy wiring? or afm wiring has been damaged during install?

curiously, do you have the hand controller for the fc?
and who in melb is tuning it for you?

cheers,
shalom

ps. join the oz club mate :)

pps. any pics of your engine bay with trust turbo and manifold? and did it get done in oz or was like that from japan?

A

Anonymous

engine light flashing

thanks for the reply man
the engine rev is fine, just everytime i give the car a hard time, and when i let go of the ecellerator and when the needle drop around 2K the engine light start to flash and once it goes down pass 2k then it will stop. This only happen sometime. And no i dont have a hand controll and Craig at Gennesis @ Blackburn tune my car.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If it's just started since you installed the power fc, I'd suggest looking at the wiring as there may be a dodgy connection causing an intermittent fault.
Do a fault code check to tell you what circuit is causing the problem.

A

Anonymous

engine light flashes @ 2K

thanks for that guys
when i get the car back to get it re tune
i will ask them to do a quick check on the computer and the wiring
i think there might be a faulty wire somewhere
coz before when i was using the standard ECU i also had UNI CHIP running with it.

thanks all

andygtir

dont quote me on this but i thought that the power fc can be programmed to display the warning light- i.e if the injectors are maxing out the engine light will come on.

just an idea but it may actually be warning you of something.

M

memski

Slow flashes indicate det.... Could have a buggered knock sensor like me though :p

I'd go get it checked out by your tuner if you don't have the commander.

A

Anonymous

engine light flashes @ 2k

Hi guys
thans agian 4 ther reply
if my engine was det wouldn't this light be flashing at high rpm istead of when it drop down to 2 thousand rpm.
and about the injectors i will check it out, (hopefully that might be it)
so i can solve the problem

thanks guys

M

memski

You can get det if you're in too high a gear and attempt to floor it before the turbo's on song (especially going uphill for example). You're right though, going for it in top end also leaves you prone to det.