Elvington York - 23rd of March

snoon

***********Now at York Raceway NOT Elvington as Elvington Cancelled********************

Hi all,

Just got back from Jamaica - 2 weeks with sun, sea, smoke and red strip. GGGEEEESSS it's cr@p and cold here!!

Anyway - Anyone going to RWYB day in York on 23rd?
Think I'm going down with a few mates.

Would be good to see some R's kick some ar$£s down the 1/4 - I'll be having a go - Although I'm a 1 bar mong at the moment due to my boost controller issues I'm down a bleed valve.

Shaun

Last edited:

snoon

johnsy said:
did you go to 9 mile saint ann
Yeah went to nine mile - see Bob's tomb and birth place. Was a 3 hour drive to get there, then 3 hours back.

Quality place Jamaica.

You been?

snoon

Fastguy was correct - Elvington is cancelled.

York Raceway is on though and I will be attending.

Anyone going?

johnsy

i went in 2004 was the nuts stoned on the beach most of the time,got mashed with the rasta's up there all its all a hazy green memory now

johnsy

you got more info on the 23rd at york.
iv never been to one of these days wot goes on apart from the obvious(1/4)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Mainly 1/4 action, sometimes they have demo stuff on, monster truck, jet car, wheelie truck etc.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
johnsy said:
how much is it?
is it on all day?
do they do scruitineering ie loud exhaust

Fees:
Admission £10. Under 12s free. 13s-16 £5
RWYB £30 unlimited runs

What you need
1, a safe car
2, crash helmet (we do have a limited supply)
3, driver’s licence
4, sense of humour
Yes to scrutineering - basic safety, but no noise checks (unless they've started since I last went)

snoon

you won't look stupid what ever power you run mate, it's only a bit of fun and most of all - practise.

Last time I went there was only 1 other R there so was dissapointing.

They usually have RWYB early on in the day, then stop them for half hour or so while the VW's goes up as it is some VW event as well as RWYA. But you can usually get up to 10 runs in if you just keep going up the track. I prefer to have 3 or 4 runs and watch others. Bearing in mind we have to drive them home!!!!

Look out for me in the blue R!

snoon

oh yeah - and they didn't noise test last time I was there either. Basically check your tyres are ok and your battery is secure and your away!!

johnsy

just had 4 new ones put on, my brakes are standard and my rear right piston is seized. suppose ill have to get this seen to first.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Have you tried screwing the piston in? I just did my rear brakes for the first time in 6 years, possibly the first time in 16 and I was surprised at how free it was. One of the caliper guide bolts had seized on the other side tho.

With 278bhp you should hit high 12s if you can launch it and change gear fast. Nothing stupid about that.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I'm not sure whether this event is on or not but I'm toying with pulling my finger out and getting on the Javelin trackday on Saturday. One oil leak and some mapping to do, there should be time but you can never tell with these cars.

snoon

campbellju said:
I'm not sure whether this event is on or not but I'm toying with pulling my finger out and getting on the Javelin trackday on Saturday. One oil leak and some mapping to do, there should be time but you can never tell with these cars.

Yes this is still on, it's Elvington which is cancelled. York raceway is still on.

Looks like I'll be flying the R flag on my own!