Dribbling washer jets

S

Stoned

Ever since I have moved the washer bottle to the boot I've noticed the washer jets at the front dribble fluid when taking corners quickly or braking harder. It's a bit annoying as it drys and stains

Does anyone else get this after moving the bottle to the back?

I dont really understand why because the bottle is below the level of the jets themselves so it's not like the fluid would travel down from the bottle :?

Dooie Pop Pop

:roll: bottles in the back therefore when you brake hard it trys to move forward and dribbles from the outlets :lol:

i dribble a bit now and then, usually when looking at Lucy Pinder pics :twisted: :lol: :p

A

AJ4

try turning the bottle round so the outlet is facing the rear of the car first before looping back towards the front

N

Norfy

you can get inline one-way valves that would eliminate this problem :D prob from halfords or the like

S

Stoned

How would that work

Wouldnt the valve close to stop the water comming out, and therefore stop the jets working as well? :?

O

Odin

Stoned said:
Does anyone else get this after moving the bottle to the back?

Nope I don't get any problem like this :wink: And I'm running both pumps to the front washers :D .

rob

M

Mr Overboooost

just change the washer jets and that should cure it after all they are getting on a bit :lol:

cheers
gary

S

Stoned

Nah I think you misunderstand

The jets work fine when I turn them on. The problem is they leak water when NOT on, under braking and turning corners etc.

M

Mr Overboooost

Stoned said:
Nah I think you misunderstand

The jets work fine when I turn them on. The problem is they leak water when NOT on, under braking and turning corners etc.

zid336 had exactly the same problem they worked fine when used but they dribbled under normal driving so i replaced the offending jet and it was fine.
hope this clears it up :D

cheers
gary

D

DOT2DOT

Norfy said:
its a one way valve. lets fluid out but not back in
I love your idea mate, but he's not worried about water leaking into the bottle!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Classic post!