Does a SSQV affect the idle?

boucherie

finally got round to swapping my baileys dump valve for an SSQV, started the car up and the revs dropped right down to 500rpm and then slowly recovered back upto 900rpm.
Took it for a spin and if you bleed off the throttle down to idle its fine but if you blip it then the revs drop right down again.

Is this all due to the SSQV, or is there something else involved?

zia

you can adjust the ssqv for idle purpose's there's screw on the end.

zia

zia

not sure weather to screw in or out having never adjust mine at all .

sorry to hijack but id like to clarify this...the screw doesn' t effect when it dumps as i was hoping
what do you mean stu? does your idle move when the valve dump's?

zia

boucherie

thats alrite, highjack away :!: your right though the screw doesnt affect the 'dump' but i think theres a thread on here about swapping the internal screw for a slightly weaker one which should make the 'dump' louder 8) :?:

zia

ssqv has twin piston design you carn,t change the spring's just the different colour insert's

zia

Dooie Pop Pop

zia said:
ssqv has twin piston design you carn,t change the spring's just the different colour insert's

zia
thats what i thought mate

boucherie said:
thats alrite, highjack away :!: your right though the screw doesnt affect the 'dump' but i think theres a thread on here about swapping the internal screw for a slightly weaker one which should make the 'dump' louder 8) :?:
i dont want it to dump louder :( :lol:

ok picture this, your cruising along at 70 mph the boost controllers set for 1.4b. push the throttle down 3/4' s for a bit and the back off 1/2 way. the bov should dump i guess but it dont. if i lift right off the ssqv will dump the charge properly.
dont sound too bad except it judders the whole car and you get that chatter that iv heard called 'wastegate noise' and turbo stall'
its not so bad on 1bar but still present.
it did sound cool as fukc on the rollers at pts (Cha! CHa CHAA LOL) but im worried i might be damaging the turbo bearings. i guess it must be vacuum related.
iv been told that i' ll get this running such a large tubby and there' s nothing i can do about it. but i was also told that i could alter how early the ssqv dumps using the screw :? it kinda made sense so this has done my head in :lol:

boucherie

il take mine out tomorrow and see what noises if any i get when coming back off throttle although i think it still dumped at around 30% throttle, and thats running just over a bar.