coloured bulbs

GTIR-LOZ

not sure if this should go in here but here goes, can you get coloured bulbs for the 52mm guages as i have 2 guages in the twin a-pillar pod and the rest of my lights are the bluetone dials so are blue or green, usually blue, and my other lights on the guages are whiote so would be nice if they all match up, i did get coloured covers but i dont know how good they were

M

Mart

You don't normally get coloured bulbs, but in the case of auto meter gauges, you get a little colour plastic cover for the bulb.

I have 1 spare green plastic bulb cover thing if u want it?

GTIR-LOZ

yeah i have got a set, but i use blue, are they any good though or are they sufficient to only dull down the light and barely change the colour

J

jaigtir

i got the bluetone dials too. Get some apexi EL gauges, would match perfectly. :D

GTIR-LOZ

i was trying to find a cheap alternative as im soon going to have three guages with normal coloured bulbs and i cant afford to replace them

M

Mart

The little cap do work quite well, and only take a min of brightness. Worth using if you don't wanna buy new gauges, and easy to fit!

E

Edd

jaigtr said:
i got the bluetone dials too. Get some apexi EL gauges, would match perfectly. :D
I have a load of autometer lunar guages
and i need a set of bluetone dials
wanna sell em jai? :oops:
i'll pay generously :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Try taking the bulb out of the gauge and take it to a dealer and see if they have anything to match in a colour. I think you might be lucky to get a blue one tho. I know you can get green and orange ones for some dash boards, but the bulb aren't always removable from the holder. Or get a blue felt tip pen and colour the bulb in. :wink: Blue leds are available, but the might be abit trickier to adapt.