Centre dash lights

R

rsnissan

also sometines the contacts on the plastic case need to be bent down to make a good contack with the tracks

B

bean

rsnissan said:
also sometines the contacts on the plastic case need to be bent down to make a good contack with the tracks
You mean the metal contacts on the bulb casing itself? I'll try that as well, thx... :)

S

Sunny Nutter

would it be possible to solder the legs of the bulbs to the contacts?
would that solve the problem?
failing that....howabout buying some blue coloured LEDs and putting them in their place? :?:

B

bean

Sunny Nutter said:
would it be possible to solder the legs of the bulbs to the contacts?
would that solve the problem?
failing that....howabout buying some blue coloured LEDs and putting them in their place? :?:
It wouldn't be easy to solder the legs to the tracks as they're very hard to get to, you also wouldn't be able to replace them easily if they blew again.

The bulbs are clear with a blue sleeve over them.

R

rsnissan

bean said:
rsnissan said:
You mean the metal contacts on the bulb casing itself? I'll try that as well, thx... :)
yup thats right i had the same problem and fixed them all this way

B

bean

Right, I've cleaned up the contacts for all the bulbs and I've now got two bulbs working, one bulb has definitely blown so I'll have to source a replacement from somewhere.

I'm not sure if you can host piccies on this site but I'll take a couple of pictures with the digicam anyway, I can email them to people if need be.

B

bean

Just picked up a couple of bulbs for the heater control, part number in list.