Centre dash lights

A

AZ STE

I cant remember if the small push in buttons to direct the air flow to feet,windscreen etc light up when you switch the lights on.Mine dont and I dont want to take it all apart to find they never did. Can anyone check this for me :?:

B

bean

Mine do, well the buttons on the right side anyway.

I really need to pull the unit apart and check it out... :roll:

A

AZ STE

Thanks mine came on briefly last night so i guess its dash apart time :wink:

J

J-GTi-R

I think I remember only the pre-revision cars they didn't light up (mine certainly don't). Is yours pre or post revision, AZ?

A

AZ STE

J
Mines the later one with nissan steering wheel and solid headrests ,I had this problem the other year the tiny bulbs dont earth very well on the internal circuit boards so im going to have to strip it.

J

J-GTi-R

Oh well, mine's pre so I'll just continue fumbling around in the dark, hoping to hit the right button (it's not just my missus that has to suffer this... :roll: ).

J

jaigtir

Only half of my heater controls light up, is there an individual bulb for each of the heater setting buttons?

B

bean

I'm sure the unit must come apart so you can replace bulbs, but I couldn't work out how it came apart and didn't want to break it... :(

A

AZ STE

Bean,
It does come apart the lights are tiny led type bulbs that click in you can buy the bulb from RS components then fit them in the original plastic holders.

B

bean

AZ STE said:
Bean,
It does come apart the lights are tiny led type bulbs that click in you can buy the bulb from RS components then fit them in the original plastic holders.
Thanks, I'll check try taking it apart again this weekend.

Does it just unclip or something? :?:

A

AZ STE

Ive only done mine once, you have to get at the circuit board as the tiny lights fit on it by turning 90 degrees into it .When I took mine apart the bulbs hadnt actually blown I just removed them cleaned the contact surface and they worked,I guess one of mine has got dirty again so I will have to clean it again.The same bulb can be found in the hazzard warning switch which should also light up.

B

bean

AZ STE said:
Ive only done mine once, you have to get at the circuit board as the tiny lights fit on it by turning 90 degrees into it .When I took mine apart the bulbs hadnt actually blown I just removed them cleaned the contact surface and they worked,I guess one of mine has got dirty again so I will have to clean it again.The same bulb can be found in the hazzard warning switch which should also light up.
That reminds me, I'm sure some of my switches don't light up either...

Damn I'm gonna have a busy weekend! :shock:

A

Anonymous

there must be a common problem with them, mine is a K reg, and although the individual buttons light up, the bulb behind the hot/cold strip offten flickers and goes on and off.

Dan

B

bean

Just removed and opened up the heater control, there are three bulbs on the circuit board.

I've removed a couple that didn't appear to work but they look OK I think, I'll replace them anyway.

I'll try and get the bulbs from my local motor factors, don't fancy paying a £1 per bulb from Nissan! :shock:

A

AZ STE

Nice one Bean they really are embedded in the control arent they, You can just get the bulbs then wrap them back around the holders clean the tracks up that they contact to this is where my fault was .

B

bean

I'm gonna try cleaning the tracks and reassembling first, see if that fixes the problem.

If this doesn't fix the illumination I'll get some new bulbs.