Carbon Fibre Bonnet

J

jpward

MINESGTIR said:
only downside ive noticed is the original washer jets done fit the holes in the bonnet... ive solved this as you can see the washer jets are on my wiper blades which i did ages ago...
Yeah could not miss them :p

I am sure they would not be hard to fix

Reason i asked about the underside is interested in the underside ribs for reasons related to using a naca duct to feed a custom filter box would it be easier than the standard ribs that get in the way?

MINESGTIR

is the box you have similar to the Turini cold air box which uses the whole cheese grater to force air roundto the induction box?

the layout underneath is IDENTICAL to the original just made from fibreglass...
ill get the pic up soon as this f**king weather sorts its life out !

J

jpward

MINESGTIR said:
is the box you have similar to the Turini cold air box which uses the whole cheese grater to force air roundto the induction box?

the layout underneath is IDENTICAL to the original just made from fibreglass...
ill get the pic up soon as this f**king weather sorts its life out !
Have no box yet as going to have a friend fab one up out of ally sheet or something similar which i am looking at a way of RAM intaking shame the headlamp duct project never went any further :sad: would have been purrrrfect!

Lionel

Guys im sorting the prices with shipping 2nite for the bonnet group buy , We need 6 bonnets sold ASAP so if you realy want one get your name down .

Lionel

just sorting that now just getting a price on postage for the bonnets once i have a good price i will post up ASAP

MINESGTIR

Another pic

Taken on my phone so crap colours compared to the proper pics... the white bit on the bottom right is the knight-racer.co.uk vinyl .. nice little touch. i think it will stay :thumbsup:

J

jpward

MINESGTIR said:

Taken on my phone so crap colours compared to the proper pics... the white bit on the bottom right is the knight-racer.co.uk vinyl .. nice little touch. i think it will stay :thumbsup:
Yes you need better colour saturation shame you couldnt have lifted the bonnet prior to taking shot LOL :p

Like someone else pointed out you need to sort the bumper out rip ties espically :doh:

But it looks ok with a black R not too "Chick ot me moter mate" that you seam to see on cruise cars

MINESGTIR

im going to use a proper camera at the weekend (someone from work spent £1500 on it !!!!) so i will get proper pics up of above and below and all different angles etc....

Im well happy.. respray is next.. what would ya recco to sort out the number plate ?

J

jpward

MINESGTIR said:
im going to use a proper camera at the weekend (someone from work spent £1500 on it !!!!) so i will get proper pics up of above and below and all different angles etc....

Im well happy.. respray is next.. what would ya recco to sort out the number plate ?

Ohhhhhh let me seeeeeee ermmmmmmmmmmmmm

Number plate screws spring to mind :p

ohh and youd be best removing your VIN from the pics always good practice!

You dont really need a big wow camera in most cases you will find it too hard to adjust all the settings correctly to get a trophy shot. A decent high end point and shoot is all you need I use a Sony N2 and a friends who's mentoring me on the finer art of photgraphy said it was as good as many low end DSLR's

Example; Clicky

Also this is where my interest lies; Clicky

Last edited by a moderator:

MINESGTIR

mate, they are very good shots... really good colour etc.. thanks for the tips... i can come out with silly questions :)
ill get some proper photos up soon, the bonnet is actually nearly black as shown before... Thanks a lot JP !!!

A

AZ STE

Bonnet looks great and great price considering were talking 10s and not thousands produced your onto a winner there mines

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
MINESGTIR said:
only downside ive noticed is the original washer jets done fit the holes in the bonnet... ive solved this as you can see the washer jets are on my wiper blades which i did ages ago...

My CFX bonnet was the same. I just got my Dremmil out and opened them out slightly.

dazzagtir

Lol i know this will be a daft question, but because I havnt been here very long. Whats the modifiers club? :( I think it would look great on my yellow R

steve963

dazzagtir said:
Lol i know this will be a daft question, but because I havnt been here very long. Whats the modifiers club? :( I think it would look great on my yellow R
nissangtir.co.uk