Camber & Castor Kits ...front and rear

SickBoy

OK guys

Read about these spoke to a few people

Are the front and rear castor kits and camber kits worth having ????

Also found a anti lift castor kit ????

Also bumpsteer kit

Bear in mind i am about to fit new coil overs,whiteline front and rear anti rollbars,4 point lower brace

Once all this is fitted it is being taken and fully set up and corner weighted with me in it by a company that builds and sets up rally cars :lol:

So any of the above that will be fitted will be fully used not just fitted for the hell of it

Lee

P

PF

I got a K-Mac front and rear kit going on next week, so I can give you some feedback once its all on and tested if you would like?

CruiseGTi-R

If your coilovers are like the D2 ones, the top clamp hole is slotted a bit. I've found you can get quite a bit of camber with these for the rear.

(actually I wish they weren't slotted cos they are a bitch to set up and I've also pulled the settings out before, need to do the bolts up well tight, not good in soft alu...)

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
SickBoy said:
The ones i was looking at are on rallynuts site

http://rallynuts.com/motorsport/Suspension_1979/
Go to white line stuff and they have a front and rear set ??

Lee
Those are just camber bolts that will fit either end, top mounts are a better solution and I'd be surprised if your front coilover's don't already have camber adjustment. If cruise is right, your rears might too but if not these would work.

As someone else has said, the Kmac's have a better reputation but I use the Whitelines on my rears with only niggly complaints.

I fitted the Whiteline anti-dive kit and didn't really notice much difference but it does give me a warm feeling to know its there :oops:
It was the sensible time to do that job so I did it anyway :wink:

P

PF

K-Mac kit was fitted and set up yesterday. Massive difference mainly because after fitting some whiteline lowering springs last year the whole geometry of the car was all over the place (loads of wear on inner edge of O/S tyre etc).

First impressions are pretty good. My only other suspension mods are the springs, as mentioned above, so allowing some form of adjustment has finnaly allowed me to see the true benefit of lowering the car. Steering is much lighter and there is now massive amonts of feedback from the road. I never really understood it when people said this, but after giving it some beans coming off a roundabout in Watford the penny has dropped.

Also changed from Toyo T1-S to T1-R's. Again another improvement.

On my setup Im well pleased. With some braces I will have, fingers crossed, a decent handling road car (although Im sure it will get found out on a track).

JIMMYBACK

PF said:
K-Mac kit was fitted and set up yesterday. Massive difference mainly because after fitting some whiteline lowering springs last year the whole geometry of the car was all over the place (loads of wear on inner edge of O/S tyre etc).

First impressions are pretty good. My only other suspension mods are the springs, as mentioned above, so allowing some form of adjustment has finnaly allowed me to see the true benefit of lowering the car. Steering is much lighter and there is now massive amonts of feedback from the road. I never really understood it when people said this, but after giving it some beans coming off a roundabout in Watford the penny has dropped.

Also changed from Toyo T1-S to T1-R's. Again another improvement.

On my setup Im well pleased. With some braces I will have, fingers crossed, a decent handling road car (although Im sure it will get found out on a track).
your gonna have to take me for a spin seeing as you live down the road from me :p