body clean up started

Gav_Kara

ok more progress today
went in and wet flatted car and masked up.. applyed base coat and clear coat came out well saying as pics is from gun sprayed in a heated garage not booth and im no pro painter ha

let me know what u think

By gavkara, shot with N96 at 2009-03-17

Gav_Kara

no mate not one run... pleased how it came out jst a quick 2000 wet flat and machine polish up and it will be spot on... just bumpers ect to spray up tomoz now

Gav_Kara

a little update as its a day by day thing ha.. got body 2000 flatted and polished back up and looking well sweet in the sun the pearl is more like a electric blue pearly matalic..
underbody sealed under arches! flatted down bumper mirror front grille side skirts ect ect and coloured up!!! so tomoz im hoping to build body back up i.e windows and so on.. flat and polish bumpers and stuff i sprayed today.. hopefully put mongoose system back on with new 5" tip...

these are todays pics and they,l be more tomoz of hopefully it finshed fingers crossed

By gavkara, shot with N96 at 2009-03-18

more tomorrow!!!!!!

lee lee

looking brill mate cant wait to get mine done now lol having mine changed from black to white :) fully pro done for a grand.
iam doing al the stripping tho :( lol

Gav_Kara

ok so yesterday i worked my arse off putting together the r... so here it is all finished and polished just need to clean inside today ect ect but all in all pleased with the out come!!!

i,l take some really nice pics later but heres some after its polish and wheels washed!!

By gavkara, shot with N96 at 2009-03-20

R

riske

That is looking badass!! One question well actually theres a couple..
1) why didint you paint the splitter?
2) you did all that yourself?
3) Fancy coming and doing mine:whistle:
Well done Gav

Gav_Kara

cheers buddy i strpped , repaired and full outside respray in 4 days.. that was doing rear arches,dents,door hinges, new exhaust ect ect!!! and made it to a meet by 7pm which i travelled 70miles to get there lol

in all cost

40 hours ish of my time

£85 for black,blue pearl mix

anti scratch clear coat my work supplied for me

a devilbiss water and inline air filter £10

a bit of tinners for gun wash!!!

all other bits i alreadt had so end of the day came out well for very little cash and im well pleased!!!!

Gav_Kara

1) why didint you paint the splitter?----- because it catches on speed bumps and would of scratched mate
2) you did all that yourself?---- yes mate all my self and im no pro painter and done in a garage not a booth....
3) Fancy coming and doing mine:whistle:--- i would do mate if i had the time lol lol

R

riske

Shit hot. You not worry about dust etc getting on the car when you were painting it? I'm gonna do this to mine soon. Definately a fan of a colour coded R. So its not balck anymore its a kind of blue black mix? Need a close up of this please dude.

Well done again.

Gav_Kara

Shit hot. You not worry about dust etc getting on the car when you were painting it? I'm gonna do this to mine soon. Definately a fan of a colour coded R. So its not balck anymore its a kind of blue black mix? Need a close up of this please dude.

Well done again.
before spraying i cleaned garage out well and wet all walls, and floors... also connected a earth clamp to car body to draw static... tac rag then base coat then once base coat dry tac rag again and clear coat...

yeah my mates old r was fully coloured and i liked it so did mine same plus it makes cleaning easy when theres no black plastic....
the colour is KH3 nissan super black as standard but i added 120mm blue pearl.. the pearl shows up in the sun light really well and bright street lights!!!
you need to see it in the flesh for full effect buddy