body clean up started

Gav_Kara

body clean up started (FINISHED)

ok this weekend totaly stripped the R ready for clean up on body i.e slight rust on rear wheel arches and sills and removal of small dents in doors.. also removing front exit due to it being loud and refitting goose with new tip end.. replacing door hinges due to play in then... cars being painted in standard kh3 super black with a small amount of blue pearl added for a little more effect so in two weeks all should be looking good and clean ready for local ish meets and shows....

i,ll post pics up as i go along...

thanks gav

Last edited:

Gav_Kara

ok cars all ready to go in paint shop tomoz just needs windows and lights out when i get there... the new door hinges are fitted and close a right treat... im doing spraying my self so just costing me my time and paint ect... colour is all mixed 2.5ltr KH3 black with 120mm blue pearl added.. monday will be removing dents and rust and all protected.. hoping to be in colour by weds i going to take photos in stages and post them all up when done so watch this space ha ha

pulsar craig

looking abit sorry for itself gav, i like the idea of the blue pearl should make it stand out from the crowd, good work

Gav_Kara

looking abit sorry for itself gav, i like the idea of the blue pearl should make it stand out from the crowd, good work
i know mate its looking well sorry for it self but all shall be worth it.. ha...
one of my mates gave me the idea of the pearl. got spoiler ect already in colour looks just normal black untill sun is on it then the pearl shows up looks sweet.. body all shaped up and dents removed and rust ect and prime,d up today.. just need day flat and wet flat tomoz then body ready for colour.. taking pics day by day of progress so will post todays work up later tonight and so on through the week

davey red.r

gav are the arches ok then mate,grinded down, or whilst your doing it are you going to put new ones in?
this is my job next month the arches think im going down the new arch route then it should be rust free for a few years to come:-D

davey

Gav_Kara

gav are the arches ok then mate,grinded down, or whilst your doing it are you going to put new ones in?
this is my job next month the arches think im going down the new arch route then it should be rust free for a few years to come:-D

davey
arches are good mate had new one on last year but bad prep work the rust was starting to show again so ground up and treated with red oxide then reshaped and prime and all being treated in inner arch too.. i dont think you can get R rear arches no more but u can cut the 4door sunny ones to fit mate

Gav_Kara

yeah affraid so mate just grooved discs on front would like some willwoods and coilovers on my wish list!

antgtir

Ive recently replaced the rear arches, not an easy job. Ended up having to rebuild the inner arches also as they had rotted through.

One thing i will say is that if you are going to replace the arches, the filling and profiling is a pain in the arse and unless you have the right tools, will drive you insane trying to get the profile back.

The saloon sunny arches are able to be retrofitted, was good in the end as the bits i chopped away from the new arches were able to be used to rebuild the inner arches.

Ant.