Blitz SUS vs HKS mushroom

youngsyp

I replaced my Apexi Power Intake with the Blitz and I thought it was a bit crap to start with. The car seemed to have more lag and not be as responsive. I put this down to the fact that I had my Apexi enclosed with a 100mm air feed going to it. I had to remove the enclosure when I fitted the Blitz as, it was too big to fit in it.
Then, a couple of days later, the car was so much more responsive and pulled harder than ever. It also sounded better !!
I realised that the Blitz was flowing so much more air than the Apexi that my AVC-R and the cars ecu needed to adjust themselves to the new airflow values they were seeing. Even without the enclosure around the Blitz (I still have the 100mm cold air feed to it) initial response is improved too !
As the Blitz is so much bigger, there is less resistance to the air coming into/through the filter. This means it's quite unrestrictive obviously meaning more air flow.
It doesn't filter as good as the Apexi but, there's always a trade off. Just try to keep it clean.

tee

i've had the blitz on mine for a while now and its nice sound wise, but other then that seems the same