Blitz SUS vs HKS mushroom

R

Reason

Hey guys

On my car i have a dirty HKS Mushroom...

Hopefully ive done the right thing but i have just bought a huge Blitz SUS?!

Shoul i see a better drive?

Rob

Fire & skill

Vintage member
you have 100% did the right thing :-D

the SUS lets the air through well. those bloody hks foam jobbies really are sh1t. just wait till you go for a test drive - its superb!! prob be popping and banging at WOT

you have bought the best ind kit on the market ;-) 8)

lakeview

i think the blitz sounds better you not notice any difference in horsepower at all i had an hks mushroom on mine when i bought it and swapped for a blitz filter afterwards the car drove exactly the same as before

Fire & skill

Vintage member
lakeview said:
i think the blitz sounds better you not notice any difference in horsepower at all i had an hks mushroom on mine when i bought it and swapped for a blitz filter afterwards the car drove exactly the same as before

my one was like night and day :? mind you i was running 1.3 bar ;-) the difference in response was phenominal :shock:

R

Reason

im glad it was the right things as they're not cheap...
anyone want a second hand HKS?

il stick it on ebay so some boy-racer in his fiesta 1.1 can think he is the daddy!?

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Chase said:
im pissed. just brought a crappy HKS

they arent bad really its just there is a lot better out there. the trouble is when buying HKS you are buying from a very respectable company and you imagine you are buying the best product.

i had no problems with the K&N or the apexi i just prefer the blitz, the filtration is not so good but i want to squeeze as much air as possible into the engine hence why i compromise on the filtration - its impossible to have both.

Last edited:

stumo

All you need to do is buy a big K+N or Green filter, you'll have all the filtration and airflow you will ever need.

ashills

the hks filter arent to bad
the blitz are best for over 500 as the foam jobbies cant flow the air and get some good sound from them (especially on map sensor setups)
the apexi is the common choice due to that test on the supra forum that didnt really prove much in the real world