Anyone know what model of Walbro fits the GTI-R

F

Fubawu

Looking for a model # or something specific when ordering the
Fuel pump.
Thanks
JOHN

youngsyp

You need to go for the specific GTiR kit as, it comes with the correct parts for fitting. Specifically, the foam sleeve. I'd bet money the Sentra kit would be identical though !

The actual pump model is GSS341 iirc. That's the high output 255 lph, as antgtir pointed out !

CanadianR

Paul, I didn't end up using the foam sleeve, just zip tied it the way it was shown on the modifiers club. Worked for me, and is a good insurance item for raising the boost.

Fubawu, when you look at the pump, you need the pump with offset inlet and outlet pipes. I think that is the same one as youngsyp pointed out.

marcymarc

Get a bosch one etc, walbros are sh*t, fuel surge city :(

Even with the origonal pick up fitted they still fuel surge, the pump needs to be about 2" longer...more like the original one.

Last edited:
O

odie

I was told with the Walbro's that you have to fit a resistor (or something similar) to maintain a constant 14 volts to the pump otherwise they don't function properly and can die out fairly quickly as Nissans tend to alter the voltage to the pumps. Just something to think about as well.

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
GSS341 is the one to go for :)

Use it with your original Nissan fuel pickup and make sure it goes in in the exact position the old one was in. You need to slightly modify the bottom of the fuel pump cradle for it to sit right. Zip tie it to the plastic cradle and sorted!

And don't rush it!

Cheers,

donpulsar :)

F

Fubawu

Ok, A little tougher then I thought but still doable :) I have debated a GTR pump but I can get Walbro's at close to cost.
John

D

DriveItSideways

Im glad i came up on this thread, i will be needing to do the same upgrade in a couple months.

P.S Fubawu, im the guy (Mike aka BoostToy) you talked to on TSC about the Mosport event this past Oct. :tea: