Antilock light on

k20 gtr

Yes i know its been covered and i've searched...
My light is on permenantly, i tried braking on a wet road and sure enough abs wasent working.
My car is a uk one, does it have this led thing? where is that located, what am i counting and what would said counts indicate? :thumbsup:

k20 gtr

I've just tried it and the led isint flashing took it for a run, stoped left the engine running and nothing?? I take it the led is viewed thre a little window that points towards the passenger door on the side of the abs ecu?

265bhp gtir

I had the abs light come on on mine the car stoped alot better with out the abs but the next day it was all workin fine agen brakes are sh.t tho

geoff pine

Before you spend any money sorting this out i would just check that the plug is pushed all the way in.I had the abs light on for eighteen months changed abs ecu i even bought a machine that you plug in to the car to fault fine the abs system.Then some months latter looked under the bonnet and found a plug just hanging there pushed it all the way in and the abs light works and so do's the abs.

k20 gtr

Ah i'll check everything cant see it poping off as nothings been touched, thats a nightmare buying loads of bits for nothing!!
What about the led not flashing?

mprice501

geoff pine said:
Before you spend any money sorting this out i would just check that the plug is pushed all the way in.I had the abs light on for eighteen months changed abs ecu i even bought a machine that you plug in to the car to fault fine the abs system.Then some months latter looked under the bonnet and found a plug just hanging there pushed it all the way in and the abs light works and so do's the abs.
which plug was hanging off? i have the problem with the abs not working and light staying on and i dont have a manual for the car

geoff pine

Under the bonnet on the passenger side there's a of group of grey plugs just left and above the fuel filter it's the plug with the one red wire. I think that it must have been unplugged at some time and not pushed back properly. Till it just fell out i plugged it back in and the light went out and the abs started working again.

mprice501

Just thought id let you know that my Antilock light was staying on perminantly on the dash but i have now fixed it, some prat had taken out the fuses lol :lol: