200sx manifold on my R

M

Muppet

I am using a std turbo and have been using mine for the past week. It is hard for me to say about performance difference as I had a fault with the car and only fixed it the day before I started to fit the manifold. I think it feels more revvy and not such a kick when the boost comes in Maybe more torque of boost. I don't think I am getting the overboost I was before. Like I said before I had a problem with the car and only fixed it when I changed the ecu. Also I don't have a dump valve and before I used to get a lot of waste gate flutter but that has been reduced considerably. I am running upto 1 bar now using a apexi avc-r.

I am using the 200sx elbow as well.

On the oz egroup someone has said they modded the manifold and put the turbo flange straighter so that they could retain the std fans and this is possible as there is loads of room between the turbo and the block. This is due to the turbo eign 180 degrees aropund on the 200sx and the turbo elbow comes out on the gearbox side where as the inlet is on the gearbox side on the gtir.

regards muppet.

P

purplemonster

hi i helped muppet fit the manifold etc and it was fitted in a day buy ourselves ,we just had to have a longer pipe made to fit ,and buy an aftermarket 9in cooling fan

back on the road and running perfect ,and seems to hold boost better and rev allot smoother

ROBERT

M

Muppet

as Rob has said the car seems to rev better hold boost better and get less over boost as well.

regards muppet.

A

Anonymous

Ok, this is what I made of it :

fitted a new turbo at the same time cause the old one was fooked. Turbine housing was cracked, 2 mm clearance on the shaft, oil everywhere. Oh, and my standard manifold was cracked too.