18"s?

J

JamesArup

Oh .. LOL .... I didn't realise that this was actually the car we were talking about here! Hehehe 8) . I just saw the post and remembered taking some pics of a car with 19's over at G-Force! LOL 8) .

I thought the spoiler actually looked really good though!!

Cheers, J 8)

A

Anonymous

Mike, it was just a joke chap. lighten up dude.(my part anyway not speakin for anyone else)

J

jaigtir

Nothing wrong with being different to all the other cars. whatever someone wants to do to thier car is thier own business. doesnt matter what anyone else thinks. Just my 2pence worth :D :shock: :D

G

GTI-R Kid

They kinda dwarf the puny little brake discs - but wow! Can't believe someone had the balls to do it! :shock: 8)

And the rear spoiler - any chance of some better pics of that? Actually looks quite good from that angle.

ex-gtir

yes i commented on the brakes as there still standard with uprated disc but he has a modifyed master cylinder i trying to source them dont even see what it does yet (make the brake shit hot yes even standard ones)
mike

G

GTI-R Kid

ex-gtir said:
(make the brake **** hot yes even standard ones)
mike
S**t hot standard brakes? Bring it on! Make a nice change from all the expensive aftermarket 4-pot kits out there. 8)

O

Odin

andygtir said:
each to their own...but i bought the car to drive not to pose in.
well said that man :) I'm glad to see the hole club hasn't gone max power :cry: :evil:

A

Anonymous

cant understand why some of you are saying that anything bigger then 17's are no good.....
WHY THE FUCK THEN DO U SEE MOST OF THE WORLD RALLY CARS RUNNING ON 18'S ON THE TARMAC STAGES,now if 17 and up effected performance so much, im pretty sure that they wouldnt be using them on the wrc cars.....
not saying that i would like the look of 19's on an r,.
and for those that are running on 16's and smaller, have u tried bigger wheels to see how much difference there is,,
yeah sure down a quater mile you will get a slightly better time with small wheels...
thats my 2cents worth anyway...

GINGA

The wrc cars need big wheels to cover the huge brakes they have fitted so use the smallest wheels that will go over the brakes :shock: notice how they use smaller wheels when on gravel :?: that because they don't need as large a brake setup for gravel so they can run a smaller wheel :wink: they can have any combination of gearing so have the wheel size etc taken into account when they chose it also the suspension is fully adjustable so can be setup for the wheels fitted.
A R is only worse off on larger wheels because it is not setup suspension/gearing wise for them and in theory if it was fully setup for larger wheels then it would be no difference to running smaller wheels apart from the factor of unsprung weight affecting the setup :(
General opinion is that you should only increase the standard wheel size by 2" max before it starts messing with the way a car handles/drives :cry:
Imho I think a R on anything 17"and above starts looking odd(he says with 17's fitted :oops: ) as even when lowered they look like there on stilts which must affect handling due to increased centre of gravity :( of course this can be counteracted by lowering the suspension further using adjustable height coilovers etc but this then has the knockon effect of reducing suspension travel and effectiveness and making the ride very firm to say the least which also effects on the road handling due to the state on our roads :evil:
Still its not all about speed these days as its getting increasingly difficult to have fun on public roads these days what with all the traffic,speed camera's/traps etc so if you want to put larger wheels on fair play to you :wink: just keep the pictures coming as its always nice to see something different 8)

skiddusmarkus

but he has a modifyed master cylinder i trying to source them dont even see what it does yet (make the brake **** hot yes even standard ones)
Is this a bracket that stops it flexing and means more of the pedal pressure goes into stopping the car?Nabsq was on about these before.
Did it look difficult to take a copy off Mike?

A

Anonymous

blah blah big wheels make handlin sh*t blah blah they look sh*t blah blah your a saxo driver with big wheels blah blah

Yawwwn, heard it thousand times before :roll:

ex-gtir

i think we should all have a track day and see what happens im sure there will be fast gtirs with 15 and just as many with 17 who up for that :twisted: plus ive got gti springs on mine handle cr@p but i still have a go
mike
lol @ ian :lol:

J

jasegould

think we should all have a track day and see what happens
To look at it another way.....why don't we all go crusing and see what cars get the most looks!!

TBH I don't give a toss how much bhp or what 1/4 mile time mine will do...all I know is that its fcuking fast, sometimes too fast!!