Your Ultimate Mods-Fact or Fiction

G

gotoinstant-redline

MarkMc said:
zia said:
variable geometery turbo for the r !!!

zia
I think they have these already on production cars. Is it the BMW 3LTD that has the Variable AR turbo. I rang up a place in Melbourne(2 years ago) that was selling them and they indicated that at that time they were not having any success with them on petrol cars. The exhaust gas was too hot and damaging the turbo.

The ultimate gizmo bolt on that I want is the sequential shifter. There’s a guy in NZ making them for WRX should be available for sale next year(wrx :( ). Cost is meant to be about $2000 to $3000 dollars. You just pull back on the lever and the car goes up a gear then push forward to go down. You still need to use a clutch :wink: if you have syncro box. The sequential shifter is meant to sit on the out side of the box as an add on.

Cheers

Mark
seen this idea before. its not that good tbh. still having to use the clutch. its a nice idea but doesnt look like it would be any better than a real box.

i worked it out for my m8's mr2. th system isnt very hard to make. there are only a few movements and then you just need to put them on a rachet like push bike gears.
it only took us a week to make a sort of working vertion of it. but tbh our effort was only to see what it was like. and its not that good. ours needed smoother bearings for the shifter. i'm sure the proper one has got nice ones but having to use the clutch is a pain.
developing a proper sequential gearbox for the R would cost a fortune. i would think that a proper one would cost more than 30k to build and fit a working vertion.

roll on my next car, lotus esprit. quaife do a 6 speed proper dog leg full sequential box with the sifter display on the dash and all the parts you need but it's £12500!! so it'll have to wait as that's 50% the cost of the bloody car! does come with an lsd tho :D

L.

A

Anonymous

My ultimate mods will soon be a reality:

Boring out my injectors to a 1000cc
GTR fuel pump
Fuel and pressure regulator
T3/t4 garret turbo
Fully custom exhaust manifold
48 mm tial wastegate
600 x 300 x 100 front mount intercooler
new computer, max speed 320 kph
twin tap adjustable boost controller

I should hopefully cut into the 11 second bracket after its all done maybe 10's . LOL

Dooie Pop Pop

Dear Santa,
id like mine turbo' d, supercharged in fast road trim at about 500bhp with a good 450lbft of torque running through a six speed box and carbon d' shafts/prop and competition diff. carbon/kevler shell ect (no paint just a slight an oily hint to the laquor) full leather interior with all the extra's sitting on superlight 15" wheels.

Please :D

S

Sy.

Ficton mods ... a fuel controller to get 100mpg !
would love to have a stand-alone management system controlled on a built in laptop .. so can change anything in the car (temperature, ride, boost, light brightness, stereo) (and all voice activated for faster responce off course )

N

Norfy

i need a adjustable centre diff 8)

just had loadsa fun drifting a rx7 :twisted:

(wonder whether a scooby 1 will fit)