Your Ultimate Mods-Fact or Fiction

skiddusmarkus

What would you like to have fitted to your car that is available now or could be available in the near future with technology trickling down from F1 and WRC cars?
I'd love to have some sort of active controller for my Teins.They already make a basic controller that will harden/soften the ride from inside the car but I'd love to have an ECU controlling the damping on the move to give the best traction.With sensors on the dampers I don't think it's impossible or the technology that far away from being available generally.
I'd also love ECU controlled active diffs but this isn't going to happen on a car like ours.Will just have to leave it to the Skyline/Evo/Impreza owners for now :(
Oh and to compliment the suspension mods I think a nice 8 pot race spec Brembo setup would just about do,but I don't think 260mm discs would go under my ickle 15's :oops: .

ashills

theres always the wrc electric centre diff for the gtir can get them in aus
the new management that runs each cylinder individually would be nice ( new M5 as it)

GINGA

I'd like a full wrc team back up to fix the fcuking thing everytime it brokedown :wink:
but on a more serious note the paddle shift gear box would be nice and the ability to run 40psi on a 10:1 compression ratio would be pretty interesting aswell but obviously without the restrictor fitted 8)

I

Innovate Performance

Most of the gadgets are avalible if you have the money! :shock:.
We already have an ECU that can run each cylinder on any car but on the pulsar you need to run 200sx coils or skyline coils and make up a cam sensor.
For the big spenders you can run CDI ignition with a stand alone ECU.

This ECU can also run G-force sensors and suspension high/travel sensors and Nos and Anitlagand other stuff to name a few.

They also make a lower level version which does not have the same function on it but is great value for the money.

If any one is intrested in knowing any more let me know and i will post more details in our traders foum section and put up the spec sheets and cost

I

Innovate Performance

Basil said:
I'd like a full wrc team back up to fix the fcuking thing everytime it brokedown :wink:
but on a more serious note the paddle shift gear box would be nice and the ability to run 40psi on a 10:1 compression ratio would be pretty interesting aswell but obviously without the restrictor fitted 8)
You can you just can not expect the engine to last more than around 2000 miles or more.

Keira

personnally i'd like to get a better balance on the weight distribution of the car, i know its been discussed before but to me i want my next one to not only be quick in a straight line but to handle superbly aswell.

its so depressing to chuck it into a bend and start understeering, :( . I see the 'r' as a rally tool 8) so they should handle, obviously the whiteline bits and bobs make a massive difference to the car, i couldn't believe how much it improved the black car and i only fitted the basics, handling is going to be a bigger aspect with cunning plan, especially as my mates down this end all now own evos :?

Not worried about getting the car lighter just try to balance it out,

although having something to alter the power split to the rear end would be nice :wink: achievable now but i doubt its cheap :roll:

I

Innovate Performance

full bump and rebound susension with ajustable top mount all set up corectly with the right springs and camber setting and bobs ya uncle one great handleing car.

Also have you ever though of corner weighting the car this has good results.

It is not always about lossing weight somtimes you need to gain it.
But you other halfs will never agree with that statement :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
skiddusmarkus said:
I'd love to have some sort of active controller for my Teins..
I was thinking about that as well, they already have the basics there, so it shouldn't be too hard for Tein to add a couple of other sensors to read lateral and longitudinal g-force, throttle position and steering lock for exapmle to make an active suspension system like F1 had years ago.

As for losing weight, most of the initial weight you can loose from the Gtir, (aircon/ seats/ c/f bonnet) is at or towards the front of the car and helping balance anyway :wink:

Ultimately tho, my Gtir wouldn't be a Gtir anymore if I did the works, Kevlar shell, F1 engine, titanium exhaust etc etc :?

I

Innovate Performance

Fast Guy said:
skiddusmarkus said:
I'd love to have some sort of active controller for my Teins..
I was thinking about that as well, they already have the basics there, so it shouldn't be too hard for Tein to add a couple of other sensors to read lateral and longitudinal g-force, throttle position and steering lock for exapmle to make an active suspension system like F1 had years ago.

As for losing weight, most of the initial weight you can loose from the Gtir, (aircon/ seats/ c/f bonnet) is at or towards the front of the car and helping balance anyway :wink:

Ultimately tho, my Gtir wouldn't be a Gtir anymore if I did the works, Kevlar shell, F1 engine, titanium exhaust etc etc :?
most of the above thing can be done with most stand alone ECU's.

The thing is all those sensors are use for data logging and in F1 there is a race technician in the pits looking at all the data and making the ajustments to the systems as needed.Even when they where not aloud to make ajustments from the pit the system have preprogrammed setting.

The other thing is that ford did the ajustable suspension on the Mondeo and it did not work that well so it got scrapped. It does not work on road cars aswell as on a singal seater race car

cmng

Err What dreamed off

M800 ECU full spec
6 pot AP at front 4 pot AP at rear
Full Mechanical LSD and Dogbox Gearbox which can stand 1000bhp
big big twin turbo which still can spin from 1.8bar at 3000 rpm
and generate 1000hp
Fully Electronic suspension which i can set it for track and street use
as well automatic adjustable

And this bloody car still can be steet driven
:shock: :shock:

damn.... i am dreaming

I

Innovate Performance

cmng said:
Err What dreamed off

M800 ECU full spec
6 pot AP at front 4 pot AP at rear
Full Mechanical LSD and Dogbox Gearbox which can stand 1000bhp
big big twin turbo which still can spin from 1.8bar at 3000 rpm
and generate 1000hp
Fully Electronic suspension which i can set it for track and street use
as well automatic adjustable

And this bloody car still can be steet driven
:shock: :shock:

damn.... i am dreaming
Sond s like you need to buy a skyline it would be cheaper in the long run. :lol:

323GT-R

Nobody wants a warp core or an infinite improbability drive then? No point posting mine in the for sale section... :lol:

M

MarkMc

zia said:
variable geometery turbo for the r !!!

zia
I think they have these already on production cars. Is it the BMW 3LTD that has the Variable AR turbo. I rang up a place in Melbourne(2 years ago) that was selling them and they indicated that at that time they were not having any success with them on petrol cars. The exhaust gas was too hot and damaging the turbo.

The ultimate gizmo bolt on that I want is the sequential shifter. There’s a guy in NZ making them for WRX should be available for sale next year(wrx :( ). Cost is meant to be about $2000 to $3000 dollars. You just pull back on the lever and the car goes up a gear then push forward to go down. You still need to use a clutch :wink: if you have syncro box. The sequential shifter is meant to sit on the out side of the box as an add on.

Cheers

Mark