your opinion needed

nitrosgti-r

I have sent the package back today via royal mail, recorded delivery (cost a fortune), with insurance and have asked for a cheque to be at my door by saturday latest. If and when this cheque clears i will post up on here and let you all know its sorted.

Thanks for your opinions on this one guys and advice, has helped no end :)

gtirjoey

the trouble with this site is it seems a good rep gives you right to rip every c**t off, and your backed the whole way.
at the end of the day it is a blatent con. mabe its time the sellers section was scrapped we all know who to buy parts off if needed...for the rest of us theres ebay a market that is policed properly where you have come backs if the listing is not correct.
all you get on this site is a mod/admin(whatever) saying this aint right..lot of help that is
this aint a dig at the forum all forums are the same

pulsar craig

a simple miss understanding blown way out of proportion, its amazing how many people want to know you when you have parts they want but make a mistake and there waiting around the corner with the knives at the ready

brett i have never met a man so impatient in my life, 2 hrs after the first pm and what do i find.. a topic aimed at me and implying im a con-man, to say i was shocked was an understatement, steve colby i aint but that seems to be what u think

i have sold numerous parts on both the forums and on ebay and im proud to say i have never had a complaint untill now, all parts are always sent on time and i always get good feedback from people, and they keep buying so i cant be doing much wrong, but then again i am only human so the odd miss hap will happen from time to time

the parcel has been recieved back and funds will be sorted asap, now hopefully this topic can be put to bed

GTiR-Aholic

the trouble with this site is it seems a good rep gives you right to rip every c**t off, and your backed the whole way.
at the end of the day it is a blatent con. mabe its time the sellers section was scrapped we all know who to buy parts off if needed...for the rest of us theres ebay a market that is policed properly where you have come backs if the listing is not correct.
all you get on this site is a mod/admin(whatever) saying this aint right..lot of help that is
this aint a dig at the forum all forums are the same
Whether you have policies in place or not - if you're dealing with cash then not even ebay will help you!

I'm a power seller on ebay with a medium sized business and used to run my own forum with classifieds section and what I say to everyone here which I've always said in the past.. if you use paypal or other such payment methods then the buyer is covered with their insurance (normally £500) via paypal. The seller is also covered if sending to a confirmed address with tracking information.

I think the for sales section is a great section on this forum and is used widely by all paid members.. it is the buyers responsibility to carry out safe practices when buying online.

Saying that, this thread has blown way out of proportion as craig has said.. it was 2hrs after nitros first pm that this thread went up. I think after the dissappearance of Dan, we're all expecting other good rep blokes to follow suit but that won't be happening! - just play it safe.. simple!

This forum and it's users is built from reputation, if something isn't right.. give the other guy a chance before making it public.

It isn't the mods/admins job to make sure you don't get conned joey, its their job to make sure this forum is kept clean and accessible. The seller section is an asset to the forum and there to use at your own will and own risk, but stick to the guidelines of online trading and you're safe.

:thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

have to agree with above, ebay is shite and i hate using it!
ive had people on there try rip me off on numerous occasions and paypal is also unfair its open to EXTREME abuse by buyers mainly who know how to work the system, the whole setup is a shambles and ripoff on a mega scale and its easy to con preople if your that way inclined.

we all know about the probs with coleby the cnut and the like, but as said if you do your homework on sellers on here then you will see those with a good rep and those without.

ive bought stuff off people on here myself......but those that come on here advertising stuff at ridiculously low prices are those to be wary of as they can easily cop the dosh and run, and have done so on numerous occasions, now if you want to take a gamble on an unbelievably cheap bargain then on your heads be it.
just remember nothings for nothing in this world so if you get caught like that (as ive been in the past) then you fully deserve it.
sometimes people are willing to take a gamble on something because it maybe £10 or so cheaper than what myself or another noted trader is selling, which is fine and your perogative! but dont go crying if it comes back and bites you in the ass as does happen on many occasions especially with regard to turbos, engines, gearboxes and the like.

at end of the day its YOU THE BUYER choice to whom you decide to deal with

I agree with both those last posts, i cant see dan setting a trend but can see why people get worried about wrong or no bits. To be fair to Craig though i told him i would have his fuel pump and then changed my mind (as i had one in but didn't realise) and he said no problem and let me off the hook, . . . . Therefore a sound guy! :)

Tim

ALL online transactions need to be undertaken with an air of caution.. be it on a forum, ebay or online store!

gtirjoey

[

It isn't the mods/admins job to make sure you don't get conned joey, its their job to make sure this forum is kept clean and accessible. The seller section is an asset to the forum and there to use at your own will and own risk, but stick to the guidelines of online trading and you're safe.

:thumbsup:[/quote]

sorry mate i wasnt saying it was, i know that no forum holds responsibility for items sold, all i was saying is this is what happens a mod will say THIS NEEDS SORTING bla bla and nothing will ever happen.. so why pipe up in the first place

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
sorry mate i wasnt saying it was, i know that no forum holds responsibility for items sold, all i was saying is this is what happens a mod will say THIS NEEDS SORTING bla bla and nothing will ever happen.. so why pipe up in the first place
Well, just one of the reasons we charge for membership and only allow paid members to sell is to try and protect other members by weeding out the twats..............we don't get them all admittedly but we hopefully narrow the odds of members getting stung.

Paid members have usually used up to date contact details on the bank or paypal they used to pay there membership with, so one of the ways we can sometimes help is by pm'ing/writing/phoning the so called offender and seeing if we can bridge the comunication gap and sort it that way.............
or contact details can be supplied to the members concerned and they can then deal with it first hand............

nitrosgti-r

Well its all sorted now and hopefully forgotten about as the money is now back in my account.

I wasnt impatiant craig, i was panicking and worries you had done me over as i honestly coudnt see how anyone could have mistaken the 2 emanges and i honestly thought you knoew what you were on about, hence my pm's asking numourous questions about the item to make sure i had the right item i was buying before parting with my HARD ERNT!!

I also noticed that you signed off line AFTER i pm'd you but i still had no reply, thus supporting my theory that you were just about to do a runner!!!

I was just asking for ppls opinion aswell on the sell and what i recieved and in a hope to weed you out if you were dodgy, but i was wrong, and i apologise.

Like andy said A LESSON LEARNT ALL ROUND I HOPE.

ps. I actually think its a good idea for the mod to document the members up to date contact details and address so as to impose a last ditch attempt to get yer money back if needed and/or for the infomation for the police etc etc.