wrx sti

Paul20

iv recently had full engine rebuild from hiteq with hks and forged parts and cams.
profec b spec 2 running 1bar
blitz sonic filter
bailey dump valve
helix clutch
standard tubby

nothing special realy, probs around 300 brake

tee

sounds like a nice spec, like what i hope to have one day.
how much that rebuild cost if you don't mind me asking?

Paul20

quite expensive mate, blew a ringland so got the wallet out and got the engine done proper. around 4k.
good solid engine now tho, pulls quite well.

tee

hhmm that is a bit expensive but at least you can rest easy knowing that you have had it rebuilt properly.

could you not run 1.2 Bar now, or you just running it it?

Paul20

well, it was around 2.5/3k for parts alone, then 1k for labour approx. i just said yes and left it with the experts, i havnt got space or tools to do it myself. all new bearings etc etc. hks forged pistons were bulk of the price, probs just paying for the name but its done now.

the next step is to up the boost and would like to do so but need some kind of fuel management piggyback or standalone unit because it started leaning and pinking. could probably do with FMIC too.

just cant make the next step of splashing more money out just yet, bit frustrating as its run in now and seek more power.

have you had many mods done?

tee

lol nah mate i don't have an R just yet.

but i'm looking to get one very soon like in about a few weeks, soon as i get my self sorted out.

i'm hoping to get one that is already running bout 1bar with all the rite mods already done to it, but we will have to wait and see

Paul20

i wish i bought one already modded because this is costing a fortune to get the reliable power im after. wouldnt mind a 400bhp r but not worth selling up dont think. not many seem to come up for sale for obvious reasons of too much money in them, cheaper to brake.
good luck with your buy
8)

tee

cheers mate

well saying that there is one fore sale on the worldwide mofifiers club that is rebuilt and running 1.2bar