wot do i need for a rebuild

Mr GTiR

Yes as long as the fuelling is spot on and you get an uprated s/s head gasket (if your putting in ARP bolts then you may as well sling one in) :D

Your turbo won’t last long on that boost level but then again I ran 1.2 bar on stock internals, turbo and clutch for 2 years with no problems :wink:

Keira

you will not get 400bhp on a standard turbo if thats what your asking.

AWD car is standard internals and that makes over 400bhp, tuned on safc iirc so theres one chap that has done it 8)

paz

Additionally you need to mae sure that channy stays as far away from your rebuilt engine as possible :lol: ;)

Paz

Mr GTiR

oops sorry Kieron did not realise he wanted 400bhp on that set up. The standard turbo can only flow enough/max air for 350bhp. For more you will need to go to custome turbo's with cut back fins, 360 degree thrust bearings etc.

paz said:
Additionally you need to mae sure that channy stays as far away from your rebuilt engine as possible :lol: ;)

Paz
true.........

GINGA

Over 400hp as been done with a standard turbo :shock: but would need to be running at around 1.8bar to do it.
To stand a realistic chance of the engine lasting at 400hp you need to keep the boost at 1.4bar or below and the only way you'll do that is with a larger turbo think gt30r, gt3037, greddy 25g/t67 etc
Water injection would also be a good idea for safety.

Stevo

i dont want 400bhp cos it means a quafie box :lol:

i would like 1.2 bar + running safely 350ish bhp will do me fine :p

JIMMYBACK

Stevo said:

nah just buy a spare box cos there cheap enough now :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stevo

JIMMYBACK said:
Stevo said:

nah just buy a spare box cos there cheap enough now :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When they come up that is :wink: :lol:

C

Crazy

Well I am running just over 350bhp @ 1.2bar and I am hoping for around 375bhp-380bhp @ 1.4bar and witha set of cams I am sure we could push it to near enough 400bhp and that is still on standard internals :p

But will more than likely be staying at around 375bhp-380bhp @ 1.4bar due to Nissan taking years to sort out shims so I do not think the cams will be getting fitted :(

GINGA

Stevo said:

Mine and a few others have run at over 400hp with the std box iirc 3 of the 4 fastest R's at the moment all run standard boxes :wink: steer clear of race clutches and it'll probably be fine.

C

carpy100

yeh mate, mines being built as we speak to 400 bhp. basically your looking at 13k for a proper job! p.m me for a list of parts and prices if you want mate. having mine done at tuning japanese.
its the longest month of my life!!!!!!

Stevo

GINGA said:
Stevo said:

Mine and a few others have run at over 400hp with the std box iirc 3 of the 4 fastest R's at the moment all run standard boxes :wink: steer clear of race clutches and it'll probably be fine.
i got ap organic, i do bang the gears and box cant take it :roll: :lol: