wooo hoooooo!!!

pesh90

leon2engines said:
im in witham mate,
hello mate, you live just up the road form me :wink: ...live in braintree...finally another R in the area i though i was going to be the only 1 round here with a R :oops: ...hopefully you'll get the R back on the road soon..Let me know if you want to meet up... :wink:

RishiGTiR said:
leon2engines said:
oh dear, i attacked my new toy with my trusty spanners and discovered ive got a slightly melted piston! :shock: but lickily no damage to the bore what so ever, how lucky! will i get away with replacing just the 1 piston with a standard one?

Melted piston could be from DET... This could have damaged the bore...

You must find the cause of the melted piston or you'll just do it again...

If you are going to replace the pistons why not use Forged Pistons... They are only £300 for a Forged Piston, Ring, Clip and Pin set...

But then if you go that far then you may aswell change to ARP Bolts and new bearings too... Maybe some Billet Rods aswel...

Rishi
Go on you know you want to :lol:..you'll want more power anyway :twisted: then more booost, :lol: :wink:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
leon2engines said:
where can i get them for £300? are they a strait swap? ive been quoted £200 for a set of standard ones!!

Buy from Japan or USA... Simple... Most USA pistons are for the 200SX so need a £30 job from a decent machine shop to machine a notch in the pistons to clear the oil squirters...

Have a look at JE, CP and WISCO...

Rishi

C

carpy100

you gotta be nuts if you fit standard parts. but you gotta be crazy if you start moddin cos you cant stop :D
rishi gets the cheapest parts in the known universe.
have you checked your head for hair line cracks and your valves and seats. also around the top of your bores det tends to eat away and damage these areas. also check your turbo for damage cos its probably had some f.o.d put through it. not being negative but while its apart...
hope everythings cool.

regards,
paul :D

leon2engines

carpy100 said:
have you checked your head for hair line cracks and your valves and seats. also around the top of your bores det tends to eat away and damage these areas. also check your turbo for damage cos its probably had some f.o.d put through it. .
what the hell is F.O.D?? is there and areas in perticular the heads crack? the bores are fine thank funk,

C

carpy100

foreign object debris.
the head can crack between the valves (as mine did!) sounds like youve caught it intime.

C

carpy100

i work at an RAF camp, RAF benson in oxfordshire. building maintenance.
FOD is a term mainly used in the aircraft industry, but is also used in the turbo field to describe damage to the blades (obviously not as commonly as i thought) are you involved in aircraft?