wooo hoooooo!!!

W

woodster

Nice one mate, hopefully soon i'll as excited as you when i get mine :wink: :( :( :D

S

Stevie-Boy

Well done mate, hopefully be joining you in the same situation myself soon. Although the replies here are worrying me a little :D

P

pyrotecnic

dont worry bout the things said on here. Thats half the joy of owning a high performance car. I got one and have never looked back. It has to be the best thing I have done.

leon2engines

im in witham mate, i know i have a lot of running problems ahead of me (like my slightly wankered heagasket :x ) but i dont care, i got my dream car ani IM HAPPY AS FUNK. sorry if that sounds a bit sad :)

creedy

no not at all.

yes it is the hole part of owning a performance car... i love fixing mine when it breaks... :lol:

D

DOT2DOT

Dont listen to those wreckers matey! They all launch at 7000rpm! :lol:
Just treat her well and she'll treat you well!

C

carpy100

by putting a 75 shot of nos through it, it should make your engine last longer. its also better for your gearbox.plus your head gasket should last longer. :roll:

leon2engines

oh dear, i attacked my new toy with my trusty spanners and discovered ive got a slightly melted piston! :shock: but lickily no damage to the bore what so ever, how lucky! will i get away with replacing just the 1 piston with a standard one?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
leon2engines said:
oh dear, i attacked my new toy with my trusty spanners and discovered ive got a slightly melted piston! :shock: but lickily no damage to the bore what so ever, how lucky! will i get away with replacing just the 1 piston with a standard one?

Melted piston could be from DET... This could have damaged the bore...

You must find the cause of the melted piston or you'll just do it again...

If you are going to replace the pistons why not use Forged Pistons... They are only £300 for a Forged Piston, Ring, Clip and Pin set...

But then if you go that far then you may aswell change to ARP Bolts and new bearings too... Maybe some Billet Rods aswel...

Rishi

leon2engines

kinda i got it and it needed some "tlc" and instead of fixing it i drove it, now its broke :oops: but thankfully its only a piston so now i need to find someone selling a standard one or have it off the road for a little bit and get forged jobbies,