Wideband Gauge Recommendations.

Granite-GTiR

Hi all,

I've been looking into getting a wideband gauge, been doing alot of reading about them and was tempted by the AEM 30-4100 6 in 1 gauge but then started looking at all the ones availible in the US, now i just don't know which one to go for! :?

Any recommendations??

Cheers.

MINESGTIR

I went for the innovate wideband lambda probe and gauge... supposedly its one of the best and most accurate.. not cheap at £300 but the gauge sold it to me.. looking at all those leds whizz round realtime :love:and innovate are a good brand !

carlengerer

Major_Sarcasm said:
I have one of these and it's brilliant.
I heard the innovate is good, also haltech offer the innvovate lc-1 re-branded to interface with the plugin ecus like the E8. I have a HKS A/F knock amp (unfitted) which is great cause it monitors knock and air/fuel but it uses the more expensive ntk L1H1 type sensor instead of the bosch. There is alos the AEM which is good also.

Granite-GTiR

QUOTE]Innovate Standalone Gauge Kit w\ LC-1 & XD-16 (16 in 1) Digital Gauge[/QUOTE]

its actually $399 now so a bargain !

I did look at this one and was impressed, didn't think that you could get it that price. I agree it is a bargin.

Last edited:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
MINESGTIR said:
Innovate Standalone Gauge Kit w\ LC-1 & XD-16 (16 in 1) Digital Gauge

its actually $399 now so a bargain !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INNOVATE-LC-1-XD-16-Wideband-O2-Standalone-Gauge-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43989QQitemZ230102883286QQrdZ1

Nice flashy gauge but this is the Innovate option I went for in the end.

http://www.turbobits.co.uk/acatalog/Auxbox__RPM_Module_and_other_accessories.html nothing to flashy to atract the bling thieves, does what it says on the tin.

Last edited:
carlengerer said:
I heard the innovate is good, also haltech offer the innvovate lc-1 re-branded to interface with the plugin ecus like the E8. I have a HKS A/F knock amp (unfitted) which is great cause it monitors knock and air/fuel but it uses the more expensive ntk L1H1 type sensor instead of the bosch. There is alos the AEM which is good also.
LOL, I wasn't saying the Innovate was good (as I don't know them). There is a clicky in my text...

The clicky went here...

http://shop.vems.hu/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=101

Granite-GTiR

Major_Sarcasm said:
LOL, I wasn't saying the Innovate was good (as I don't know them). There is a clicky in my text...

The clicky went here...

http://shop.vems.hu/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=101
I've looked at the VEMS gauge, Driftworks sell it (its about £205 through them). I spoke to someone there who had used it and they were impressed by how quick the gauge reacted and that it does what it does really well. I like the fact that it has EGT on it.

MINESGTIR

i gots a lovely apexi series 1 (now discontinued)EGT gauge and probe that looks very sexy against the innovate wideband:thumbsup: lovely

O

Odin

I brought this myself, It is supposed to work well and will still send a narrow band signal to my motec as well as a wide band signal to the gauge.

Rob

MORF114

I have lc-1 with xd-16 worked great for 10 seconds then never worked again been in battle with innovate for 7 months trying to get it fixed/replacement been back and forth from america and back and forth from the place i bought it from still does not work :lol: you'd think they'd just give me a replacement.
Those leds look 8) when you turn it on and they flash round change the colours of the leds by laptop pretty good piece of kit dont know how well it works though !:doh: :evil:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
MORF114 said:
I have lc-1 with xd-16 worked great for 10 seconds then never worked again been in battle with innovate for 7 months trying to get it fixed/replacement been back and forth from america and back and forth from the place i bought it from still does not work :lol: you'd think they'd just give me a replacement.
Those leds look 8) when you turn it on and they flash round change the colours of the leds by laptop pretty good piece of kit dont know how well it works though !:doh: :evil:
Despite obviously being in the minority and not having a soft spot for the chav like neons that flash around the Innovate gauge, I must admit it was due to the problems your having that I choose not to buy the innovate gauge and go with the above.

Anyone that’s interested, you can actually buy an analogue version of that Innovate gauge for about £40.

Attachments

carlengerer

stevepudney said:
Despite obviously being in the minority and not having a soft spot for the chav like neons that flash around the Innovate gauge, I must admit it was due to the problems your having that I choose not to buy the innovate gauge and go with the above.

Anyone that’s interested, you can actually buy an analogue version of that Innovate gauge for about £40.

Im with you 100% about the flash neons, actually reminds me of when I had a autometer AF gauge attached to a narrow band, did my head in and was completely useless. The lc-1 (by itself) would be good for logging and using it with a programmable ecu though.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
steve963 said:
I ordered the AEM, still waiting for delivery... didnt think to check other brands:doh:
That's because you just asked me my opinon :doh: :lol: :lol:

TBH... AEM, Haltech and Innovate are good. They all use the same Bosch sensor anyway.

I went with AEM. The response is good enough for mapping (<0.1s) and it came with the gauge for under £200. At that point in time it was the cheapest for this.

I looked at the VEMS at the time but decided rather than EGT I need a better method to detect Det. Some people wouldn't map a car without EGT, some don't care.