why not to remove that rear rocker breather and pipework

frp

NPT (National Pipe Tapered thread) is 60DEG Thread
BSP (British Standard Pipe thread) is 55 DEG Thread

Steve

Lionel

I have done this to my engine now and insted of pluging the hole up from the RC im going to run a pipe off it and plum it in to a oil catcher can.

O

Odin

rx jamie said:
is this what you mean by removing the breathers ?
cheers

No mate, That's a few pics of the removal of the idle control cr@p under the throttle bodies, Which can only be done if you're running a stand alone ECU like my Motec or AEM.

Rob

stugtir300

has anyone got a clearer picture they can post on this thread,so i can get a better idea of wot 2 remove please.cheers guys.

Thought i'd drag this one up again... I've removed the pcv valve and all the associated breather hoses but there's another pipe that comes from the drivers side bulkhead then curls up and behind the inlet manifold with a bit of metal pipe in the middle. It has a sticker on it with 'engine check valve' on it and an arrow pointing in the direction away from the bulkhead. What does this do and is it required? You can't quite see it in the pic above, unless it has been removed.

gtirx2

I think the hose you are on about is the vacuum for the brake servo,if so you want to leave well alone.

rx jamie

it basically stops pressurised air entering the brake servo. the check valve only opens under vacuum, making sure the servo is only ever under vaccuum. eg when your off throttle.