Why did you choose the R

Smo

When I was 16 I didn't give a shit about cars - if someone said they had an 800bhp R34 Nur Spec I would've replied along the lines of 'Good for you, whatever.' But that all changed when my best mate introduced me to a guy with an R. The first time I saw it was like being hit with a tonne of bricks. I adored the angry, ugly beauty of it.

It was running standard boost with a straight through exhaust and air filter so somewhere around the 240/250bhp mark I would imagine. It was the very first turbo'd car I'd ever been in and I just simply couldn't believe how a car could be that fast.

Just the pure sound of it, a deep roar and the turbo sucking and spitting air sold it for me. The moment I stepped out to the smell of roasted pads and hot tyres I knew I had to have one.

Two years later I bought that very one and it was the best car I had ever owned. Put a smile on my face just to see it on my driveway every morning.

In fact I almost crashed my new one looking at it in the rear view when I sold it!