Why did you choose the R

Garef

I was having this discussion the other day with Vss Irvine and he was telling me he chose the R because he used to own a Corolla, he loved the shape and the R is very similar to it so thats what he decided to go for.

I chose the R because my mate had one, I remember seeing it for the first time and thinking it was like nothing I had ever seen before and so aggressive looking at the front. I also loved the fact that it's three doors and the overall shape. I was also drawn because they are rare compared to other Jap 4wd cars.

Just wondering why everyone else chose the R?

davey red.r

for me it was when i was 19 ,when they first came out,
and there was talk they were faster than a cosworth,
and just the look of them just hit the spot for me personally,
18 year later i still love them,
had many performance cars over the years,
but the r has a place in my heart.
great top end power/performance for little money8)

davey;-)

EVOBAD

i think most people like them as they are cheap to run,as there never on the road to put fuel in them:thumbsup:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Due to the fact that every other sad bastard had an Impreza.
People spoke utter shite about the Pulsars dodgy engines and shitty gearboxes when really they knew buggar all about them. :doh:

4 years later they are all eating their words and their Impreza's have either dropped a bottom end or been frowned upon due to their common-ness (if there is such a word)

Not only that, research and floating about on the OC for 9 months convinced me that they could respond well to modifications and with the right suspension changes could put other cars to shame. ;-)

Not only that power to weight was a big factor too

In a nut shell - Iron out the creased and they are a brilliant car 8)

olliecast

i loved the look of the standard car, how it looked agressive yet not over the top.

I also enjoy mechanics and fixing things!

gtir_pimp

i saw a mates R in a gorgeous blue and i had never seen one in that colour before. then he took me for a spin and it was the fastest thing i had ever been in personally. also loved the roar of the goose and that you hardley ever saw an R, especially in the blue. also told me it could eat evos and scoobys and go past 160mph. He was telling the truth!!!!

Oh yeah, now its mine and has been for over 2years. been through alot with it, blowing it up,replacing parts etc. when i first had it didnt know anything and know alot more now

Last edited:

5GTIR

I wanted one for a long time before I actually got one, I just always thought they looked so aggressive and menacing.

As others have mentioned they are a little tempramental but fairly easy to work on, parts are fairly cheap and easy to get hold of. Overall they are a lot of performance for the money and great fun to play with.

steve963

I got my R cause I couldnt afford an R32:violin:....

never been in or driven an R32 though, so couldnt tell you why:der:

Radleigh

It come up for sale, and I had the money.. always like how well they done down the ¼!

Always liked ugly cars, so bought it. Just a shame I had nothing but trouble with it :(, But I do plan on keeping it and getting it 110% perfect, If I stay in the UK, as I just applied for a job in Dubai! :D

Radleigh

steve963 said:
rich fuc'ker.:lol: hope you get it:thumbsup:

you will be on the Bentley forum then:lol:

any more jobs goin over there:lol:
Not rich mate, Skint, hence why I applied lol!! :lol:

6 month trial, 2 year contract! :thumbsup:

If I keep the GTiR in storage, i could have a rather naughty spec car when I'm back :twisted:

But, I haven't got it yet LOL

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
davey red.r said:
and there was talk they were faster than a cosworth,
They weren't called the Cossie killer for nothing.:p

I went looking for a Metro Gti to drop a 1.8 in and ended up buying a Gtir. Go figure:doh: The word lightweight in the advert caught my attention. I've been doing 123mph every since:frusty:

Garef

Two amazing reasons there.

Johnsy = violence in a tin. (Never heard that before)

Odin = looked rock hard.

;-)

mattytappy

I simply got one because when it works right and it actually spends time on the road like its supposed to:doh: ........it brings a smile to my face like i havent had since i was a teenager. :-D :-D ......and there is not many cars out there that can do that for me.......in essence it makes me feel young again even if it is only short lived....that is until the fooking thing breaks on me again:lol: :lol: :lol: .

And despite the fact i think its an ugly pig as in all truth i was a real blue oval badge fan until i first had a go in these little pocket rockets and i love the fact that to look at people dont think that ( ah there is something special ) generaly they think look at that shitter......untill you leave then in shock and orr........and then you suddenly realize why people always have and always will LOVE THE UNDERDOG....which is what the pulsar is..........to me it is anyway;-) ;-) :thumbsup:

Trondelond

They're pretty rare here, and I was looking at japanese ones earlier, but they cannot be put on the roads here. Besides, I figured it would look pretty menacing in someone's rear view mirror. :D One came up for sale close to me, I dropped everything and ran off to get it. Haven't regretted buying my little tin of violence since!