which fmic?

A

another sunny

i have just bought one of those honky ones off of e bay, hasnt arrived yet but when it does and after it has been fitted i will re post.

A

another sunny

yep i think it is a hybrid copy, there is a hybrid one bay at the moment it looks exactly the same, or should do as mine still hasnt arrived.
Still waiting........

A

another sunny

honky or honkanese from hong kong or chinese.
Not politicaly correct i know.
Sorry!

A

AlmeraGTi

so can anyone tell me which kits dont need the front bumper cut? and is this possible with the aircon intact... i'm very tempted by the stealth look but am unsure what kits require what mods??

youngsyp

AlmeraGTi said:
so can anyone tell me which kits dont need the front bumper cut? and is this possible with the aircon intact... i'm very tempted by the stealth look but am unsure what kits require what mods??
All 'off the shelf' kits will require the front bumper bar to be cut, there simply isn't anywhere else for the core to go. However, most will allow you to retain the air con system.

Just to add, if by 'front bumper' you meant the plastic bumper cover, you don't need to cut this, afaik, with most of the modern kits. It's a preference thing and is done to get more cold air to the core surface !

bengilmore

I know i'm bringing up old posts but..... are the kits that are advertised on ebay for £199:
1. any good
2. easy to fit
3. Is everything supplied with them, is the pipe run ok, do I need to get samco's extra
4. What has to be moved, I already have half the air-con pulled out so don't mind having to remove that.

Was looking at a new forge one, but when they're about £750, and the one's on ebay are about £199.........

So basically just want to know what the story is with them:thumbsup:

Cheers

bengilmore

gunmetalgtir said:
been round here long enough to search first, but there was feck all info on these kits, and also just really wanted people's opinions on the kit, because i might just go an order a forge one instead

O

Odin

bengilmore said:
So basically just want to know what the story is with them:thumbsup:

Cheers

The eBay kits are very good for the money, I had the forge kit myself but sold it a replaced it with a hybrid kit, Same as the eBay kits.

As for fitting you will need to move the washer bottle to the boot apart from that it's just a matter of opening the washer bottle hole up to around 3" and making one the same size on the passenger side to match.

You may or may not have to cut the bumper bar, Mine is cut but it had been done for the forge kit, I've seen these new EBay kits fitted behind a standard front bar before, Anyway good luck with the fitting.

Rob

PS The reason I sold the forge kit was that I don't like the amount of Samco hoses they use in the kit, A bit lazy I think personally :roll:.

CanadianR

you will want to upgrade the clips there to t-bolt clamps. They hold alot better than the ones included in that kit.

The kit from flat4online.co.uk comes with everything you need (hoses, clamps, brackets, etc.) and is 195 GBP shipped anywhere in the world! Get it from their website. Same type of kit, its the one I'm looking at buying when the canadian dollar gets a bit stronger heh heh.

bengilmore

Odin said:
Now I know your Irish :doh: , But if you took the time to read the add properly, You may of noticed that it says that all hoses and clamps are provided in the kit ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

DOH:doh: :lol: :lol:

Ok Think i'll go and order this today then:thumbsup:

Thanks again:thumbsup:

Matty B

I bought a FMIC from flat4online 2 weeks ago and still haven't recieved it. They reckon they are out of stock and will ship it when they get them in. I'll stick a reply up when it arrives.