which fmic?

Rapidbuild

has anyone got any advice about fmics?
i'd prefer not to be moving batteries/washer tanks/air con, there's so many to choose from....
spent hours already tryin to research but not really getting anywhere.:cry:

GTiRlover

The Forge front mount doesn't require any moving of batteries or washer bottles and is specifically for the R unlike the Hybrid kits. However I have heard the Hybrid kits are very good especially for the price. I have a Forge and have had no problems with it- touch wood!

O

Odin

I think that only the forge kit allows you to keep everything as it is at the moment, You will have to cut a little metal out behind the head light to make room for the pipe work and modify the bumper bar.

I used to have the forge kit but I've changed over to the hybrid one now because I didn't really like all the samco's that make up most of the forge kit.

Rob

O

Odin

Rapidbuild said:
does the hybrid allow you to keep everything in place though?

No mate ;-) .

I don't like the look of the Norris one at all .

Rob

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Thunder God said:
No mate ;-) .

I don't like the look of the Norris one at all .

Rob
I'm not too keen either and at £1049, I'd like to put that towards a GT3071RS :-D

kevgti-r

ive got a norris stage 2 on my new R and tbh i think the way it fits is crap :lol:
and on my grey R ive got the forge kit and apart from the samco i think its one of the best kits made for the R8)

kevgti-r

marcymarc said:
Can the forge kit be bought without the big daft forge lettering across it, just plain??
yeah i think you can get it without the lettering but if it has it doesnt take long to get rid of it with white sprit;-)

Badge

Allards

Had kit made by Allards for very reasonable money (about £500 fitted) and it doesn't move anything in the engine bay.

www.allardmotorcompany.com

Just a small company in Gloucester but very nice people and always very helpful.

Intercooler looks pretty modest, but has a huge area and just very neat. Their also able to make it to still use the top mount as well (if your into that sort of thing).

Julian

Last edited:

Rapidbuild

cheers for the tip - i,ve sent them a mail........ looks a bit crazy with the top mount as well, anyone know how that affects things? pressure drop, lag, weigh etc?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The Forge requires you to mover the coolant bottle next to the battery, but that's a 2 min spanner job. You need to bolt 1 earth into another already provided hole and bolt the mounting bracket into the old hole.