whats the best clutch to use?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Fine Mr Steve, I'll take that on board... Geoff seemed to think that the one that failed was an Exedy (Deakin?) anyway - the friction material had come off the plate and wedged behind the release fingers on the cover plate; that's why it wasn't releasing (the bearing looks servicable, but I'll get a new one in the kit anyway).

What about these guys? Seems like a good price for the helix to me! Can I find it better anywhere else?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Are we talking some kind of deal here? - As of about 10 minutes ago I'm a paid-up member, if that makes any difference.

I'm a little concerned that they all say 200SX because the input shaft is different isn't it; that would mean that the bearing is wrong? Other than that, they seem to be pretty good kit; 80% uprated is twice as good as Exedy's 40% uprated!

The box is out; Geoff and Bob are coming back this weekend (I hope), so I think we've got the installation covered... unless you're looking for an excuse to come up to North Wales.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Good point Geoff.... I've got a standard clutch fork too.

I've agreed to buy a second-hand Helix Organic off the modifiers site - done about 1000 miles, and a fraction the cost of a new one... now all I need to do is get my hands on some new hoses and we'll be back in business in no time!

snoon

i've had my R for 3 years (only around 20 - 25k miles though) running between 280 - 360 BHP (Depending on Boost) with a Helix Organic and standard fork that was already fitted when i bought it without any problems. Had numerous other problems though as any R owner does Some cheap easy fixes:-D, some very expensive and a real ball ache:cry::cry:. Always at the wrong time too:twisted:!!

My Clutch has only ever had about 3 full launches while road driving. Not many cars need a launch to get punished by the R! And only had around 4 runs up the strip with full launches so not abused by me. Who knows what it has been treated like by any previous owners.

It has only ever slipped once when i changed from 1st to 2nd. And I mean this is the only time. Never since. I just put it down to some kind of freak accident - it was a hot day.

So all in all, I'd say it's been pretty good.

(Watch it fall apart next time I drive the R!:doh:)