whats going wrong (CLUTCHES)

Websnowbo

The simple answer is dont use the AP Paddle for road use, it is not suitable at all.

One of my R's had one fitted when i bought it and it lasted a day before it started to slip..........i had been slipping the clutch to stop the dash from jumping out of the car when setting off and fooked my flywheel and clutch in a matter of 200 miles!

Curtis

seanleed said:
AP don't legally have to deal with you. I'd go back to where you bought it, tell them that no matter what it says or doesn't say in a warranty, it is in ADDITION to your statutory right, not in replacement of them and that under the sale and supply of goods and services act as the goods were clearly not 'fit for the purpose for which they were sold' they have a legal responsibility to you, the consumer.
If you still get nowhere, tell them that you're going to report them to your local trading standards officer, and DO IT!!! Don't just threaten. Also tell them that you'll raise an action in the county court to recover your money from them. As they probably know that you're in the right (if they don't they shouldn't be in business) you shouldn't have any great problems.
Even if you do go to court over it, in England it's really cheap and very informal and you don't need a solicitor, although if I ever get trouble from anyone over things like this, the first thing I do is get my solicitor to fire a letter off straight away, I don't put up with that crap from anybody :twisted:

I'll put my copy of 'armchair law for the bored at work' away now and go and get something from the canteen if it's open yet. :D :D
What he said... :wink:
Couldn't have put it better myself and was exactly what I was going to type.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

Websnowbo said:
The simple answer is dont use the AP Paddle for road use, it is not suitable at all.

One of my R's had one fitted when i bought it and it lasted a day before it started to slip..........i had been slipping the clutch to stop the dash from jumping out of the car when setting off and fooked my flywheel and clutch in a matter of 200 miles!
funny that, ive had an AP paddle in since november last year which has had a few launches in its time served aand not slipped whatso-ever even at 1.4bar :wink:

when my engine come out about a month ago for rebuild i had a look at the clutch and it still had plenty of meat on it and looked sound.
the flywhel looked abit scorched though :twisted: