whats going wrong (CLUTCHES)

kingy

i am really getting fed up of R ownership at the moment. I have got a nice M plate one but for some reason it keeps letting me down.
i have had NEW clutches this year and 2 of them in as many months and now the clutch has broke again.
i have had 2 AP PADDLE CLUTCHES IN 2 MTH the first one was in for 28 days and i still havent had a refund now the replacement one which i had to buy has gone aswell. :( :( :( :evil: :evil:moved to problem solving-skiddusmarkus

kingy

i'm only running standard boost at the moment.
Plus i haven't even done a launch on any of the paddle clutches the genuine one was abused for mths before it wore out not BROKE. :?

mattygti-r

that is really odd because if the AP paddle clutch and its been in the car for 18months, its fine,

well its really harsh in traffic its either "on" or "off" no coasting etc and it does rattle a little when your foots off the clutch

other than that they are a good clutch

who fitted yours? i find it strange that youve gone throu 2 clutches esp the paddles

:?:

kingy

fitted by me and my brother.He works for nissan so i dont think it is a problem with how its fitted.The metal ring around the centre sprung plate that holds the little springs in broke up and surley that isn't down to fitting.

kingy

i will get my mate to post it up for me ASAP the pics are still on his camera.i really cant see there being anything wrong with how it was fitted.

MarkTurbo

It definatly sounds like a fault with the clutch from what you described, unusual though cos AP's are usually pretty good :?

Did you send the clutch back to AP racing or the place where you bought it :?: When the cover plate broke on my AP organic i dealt directly with AP :wink: I sent mine back for them to look at and had a free replacement within about 10 days 8)

kingy

the place where i bought the clutch from says AP probably wont warrant the clutch and that AP warranties are w@nk and that tey have never hadclutch replaced by AP. :evil: :evil:

MarkTurbo

kingy said:
the place where i bought the clutch from says AP probably wont warrant the clutch and that AP warranties are w@nk and that tey have never hadclutch replaced by AP. :evil: :evil:
Thats a load of crap :x If its only a month or so old and is faulty i'm pretty sure AP will replace it free of charge :wink: Where did you buy it from :?: Cos it sounds like they're just trying to get you to fork out for another clutch :roll:

kingy

Thats a load of crap If its only a month or so old and is faulty i'm pretty sure AP will replace it free of charge Where did you buy it from Cos it sounds like they're just trying to get you to fork out for another clutch
Already have done this is the second clutch that has gone now. :evil:

MarkTurbo

Give AP a ring this time :wink:

Heres their number: 02476 639595. If you send the latest broken one back to them and they replace it for free (which they should do) then go back to whoever you bought the clutch from originally and ask them why they couldn't of done that :roll: :x

S

seanleed

AP don't legally have to deal with you. I'd go back to where you bought it, tell them that no matter what it says or doesn't say in a warranty, it is in ADDITION to your statutory right, not in replacement of them and that under the sale and supply of goods and services act as the goods were clearly not 'fit for the purpose for which they were sold' they have a legal responsibility to you, the consumer.
If you still get nowhere, tell them that you're going to report them to your local trading standards officer, and DO IT!!! Don't just threaten. Also tell them that you'll raise an action in the county court to recover your money from them. As they probably know that you're in the right (if they don't they shouldn't be in business) you shouldn't have any great problems.
Even if you do go to court over it, in England it's really cheap and very informal and you don't need a solicitor, although if I ever get trouble from anyone over things like this, the first thing I do is get my solicitor to fire a letter off straight away, I don't put up with that crap from anybody :twisted:

I'll put my copy of 'armchair law for the bored at work' away now and go and get something from the canteen if it's open yet. :D :D

kingy

i usually run 1-bar but had a prob with my boost solenoid so for the past 2 weeks i have been running standard.
i have wore out the original clutch that came with the car,then i bought a uprated (cheapo one for 200 quid) which lasted 6 mth then i bought a AP paddle on the advice from the shop who sold it to me, then that broke up after 28 days so i had to buy another and that one has broke up aswell.
i havent even done any launches on the paddle clutch. The original was launched on a daily basis.

hmmm

he's right. The contract was made where your bought the clutch from. As you didnt buy it directly from AP they dont legaly have to deal with you. But you should get a replacement or a refund from where your bought the c;lutch from and it is their responsibility to deal with AP or where ever they bought it from.

University does come in handy sometimes :eek:. I thought i was filling my brain with useless information. :roll:

O

Olly

I wore the AP organic away in 2 years, time will tell how long the Helix lasts, one things for sure unless you launch every where do you really need a paddle? cos myself any many others are running over a bar on organics with no real troubles. :?