What to replace while the engines out??

youngsyp

Odin said:
I just did all mine with this stuff :doh: , It's a right pain in the ar5e to use because you have to wrap it around and at the same time peel off the protective covering :doh:

Rob
What's really amusing is, it's even more of a mofo to get the stuff off again ! :doh: :lol:

Still, at least you don't have horrible sticky cables afterwards !

O

Odin

boucherie said:
has anyone got a picture of the rear coolant hoses replumbed to remove the throttle body heater circuit when attached to the engine, also what size are the rubber lines.

Best I could do I'm afraid ;-) .

Rob

boucherie

cheers for that rob, stupid question time though, where does the throttle body heater join into the main coolant run at the rear?

while the engines out im going to have it stripped and then send the casing and gearset off to be frozen, so that will give me about 5days to get the other jobs done!

O

Odin

boucherie said:
cheers for that rob, stupid question time though, where does the throttle body heater join into the main coolant run at the rear?

If you look at that pic you can see where I blanked off the water supply pipe that goes to the pipe just above it, It comes out the other end and goes back on itself.

I've just blanked the outlet and the return pipe in the main system.

Rob

J

jpward

scott b said:
is there a reason for doing this?

cheers
Well lad it's simple really the water in the engine is regulated to about 70~80oC and having this flow in to and out of the inlet tract when engine is cold is good to help atomisation of fuel (that’s efficient burning) but when the car warms up then you want the inlet/fuel as cool as possible to prevent pre-ignition (fuel mixture igniting before spark event aka detonation= not good)

Also I believe from personal accounts it also make the removal of the plenum easier with engine in situe
;-)