What oil?

shroom

yer everytime i think of joining something goes wrong with the R and I have to pay for that and distracts with again

pulsarmoley

Not really its better for protection when hammering it.

In a nut shell:

10w40 - day to day
10w50 - spirited driving
10w60 - hard driving/trackdays

I use Millers NT 10w60, good performance so far and have recently won awards for its Nano Technology oils.

Others use Silkolene; people like Clarke (RCM) uses ProLong due to it offering the best engine wear results against other brands (might be a marketing ploy).

Swings and roundabouts, however make sure you use a quality brands and don't get cheap and cheerful brands.
Also Halfords trackday oils - don't bother results are coming out of poor protection levels.
Ill admit im a bit of a cheapskate :oops: but the Planet Oils 10w40 i use has never caused me any problems. Admittedly i dont do trackdays but i do drag race occasionally. :thumbsup:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Ill admit im a bit of a cheapskate :oops: but the Planet Oils 10w40 i use has never caused me any problems. Admittedly i dont do trackdays but i do drag race occasionally. :thumbsup:
You might not think its doing any harm, but the insides might tell a different story.
If I were you I'd shell out a little more cash if you want your engine to last and perform better :thumb:

darkyGTI-R

Buy the best can't go wrong then,these oils have been tried and tested by many a Pulsar owner for years with lots of racing and normal day to day driving experience!